Cover of "Little Lies" by Fleetwood Mac

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I done a facebook poll to try and drum up some publicity, they got to choose what song we covered, they chose this.
I got a bit bored with this project, I'd spent two weeks mixing the music and working out all the instruments, then when I saw the light at the end of the tunnel I got a got a bit slack when it came to the lead vocals, they're not bad, but I could have done better, anyway, here it is, check it out.

https://soundcloud.com/anelectricheartm ... -liz-tubby

i really love this song, and i think you have done a really good job.

my biggest criticism would be that it lacks a bit of clarity. this seems to be due to the reverb swallowing it all up, starting with the bass, and drowning the vocals. it might make a huge difference if the bass was tempered a bit. it's a bit boomy, and quite loud

this would make a perfect candidate for the kvr mix challenge. i don't know if that interests you

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=62

Cheers for listening.
Interesting comments, I thought I'd made it a lot clearer (less reverb) than the original version, a lot of the instruments in the original Fleetwood Mac mix were extremely hard to pick out because of all the reverb, that bell thing on the right (in my version it's a preset I found in FM8, they probably used an actual celesta maybe?) and the electric guitar in particular, the guitar has a very dull sound in the Fleetwood Mac version, maybe partly because Lindsey plays with his fingers, also I thought I'd made the bass guitar less boomy and more "modern" sounding, weird, maybe it's my mixing environment.

Yip, the mix challenge would be interesting, not the next one though, maybe the one after, it would take some time to undo everything and get it back to a dry mix, then render all the stems, all that takes time.

Return to “Music Cafe”