Ozone 6 Announced!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 8 Standard

Last edited by SalemBeatsKVR on Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I have Ozone5.. ..nothing adverted yet but paying for upgrade pi**es me off!
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I prefer the green gui, hopefully they have an option to switch. Not that I will be getting 6 any time soon :P

this is great use - I love ozone

I can live with whatever GUI, but the video shown exactly zero thing that is new to me aside from the GUI. Anyone picked out anything new there?

Panphobia wrote:I prefer the green gui, hopefully they have an option to switch. Not that I will be getting 6 any time soon :P
I absolutely hate the green color. Image

I'd upgrade just to get a less horrid combination of colors. Don't get me wrong, though - green is actually one of my favorite colors, but the overwhelming use of that particular shade combined with all the dark reds, etc. Yuck.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

softska wrote:I can live with whatever GUI, but the video shown exactly zero thing that is new to me aside from the GUI. Anyone picked out anything new there?
-Seemed like a new dynamic EQ - sec 22
-the module order will make more sense - sec 20

would be interesting if they will include at least one "empty" module in the chain.... with vst/plugin support ;)

It's been a while since I used Ozone, can you change colors on it?

camsr wrote:It's been a while since I used Ozone, can you change colors on it?
In the current 5 version, no...

Wow! This is great news! I suspected Ozone 6 might come this year since it's been 3 years since the last upgrade wich is a long time, especially as the competition gets better. I'm a O5 Advanced user and can't wait to see what improvements and new features Izotope come with for the Advanced version. I'll bet the reverb section is improved because Nectar 2 has a better sounding reverb than Ozone and it shows that Izotope has improved in developing those type effects. In fact I'd be very surprised if there was no improvement in the reverb department for both Standard and Advanced. They're really going to have to bring alot of improvements/features to Advanced if they want to continue charging a huge price for it, wich is what they did before and I'm sure they'll do it again. When it comes to their own plugins Izotope usually don't let me down and deliver impressive results. Can't wait to see and hear all the new additions.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

cryophonik wrote:I absolutely hate the green color. Image

I'd upgrade just to get a less horrid combination of colors. Don't get me wrong, though - green is actually one of my favorite colors, but the overwhelming use of that particular shade combined with all the dark reds, etc. Yuck.
+1,000,000 I understand totally where you're coming from. I just never could get used to it. Funny thing is it's one of the plugins you have to actually look at for a substantial period of time to use it properly. Great plugin, so hopefully 6 brings some cool changes to the table.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Was pausing the video every so often to check out what was on show a bit better. Looks like they've added some exotic filter shapes. I love new filter shapes :D

Orbit-50 wrote:
cryophonik wrote:I absolutely hate the green color. Image

+1,000,000 I understand totally where you're coming from. I just never could get used to it. Funny thing is it's one of the plugins you have to actually look at for a substantial period of time to use it properly. Great plugin, so hopefully 6 brings some cool changes to the table.

.-.
^^^^
THIS

A simple choice of user configurable colours would help. I do not like the colour combinations in places in Ozone. Great features in a not so great UI IMO.

Green is probably my favourite colour but I too dislike the dark red this and that and general poor use of colours in the UI.

Looks like if you bought ozone 5 after sept 1st, you are going to get upgrade to ozone 6 free...whoppeee...below from their site...

Pricing and availability details:

Customers who purchase Ozone 5 after September 1, 2014, will receive a free upgrade to Ozone 6 upon release.

Customers who purchase Ozone 5 Advanced after September 1, 2014, will receive a free upgrade to Ozone 6 Advanced upon release.

Special upgrade pricing to Ozone 6 and Ozone 6 Advanced will be available for all previous Ozone customers upon the release of Ozone 6. View pricing details below:

pikeyh wrote:Looks like if you bought ozone 5 after sept 1st, you are going to get upgrade to ozone 6 free...whoppeee...below from their site...

Pricing and availability details:

Customers who purchase Ozone 5 after September 1, 2014, will receive a free upgrade to Ozone 6 upon release.

Customers who purchase Ozone 5 Advanced after September 1, 2014, will receive a free upgrade to Ozone 6 Advanced upon release.

Special upgrade pricing to Ozone 6 and Ozone 6 Advanced will be available for all previous Ozone customers upon the release of Ozone 6. View pricing details below:
Maybe $99
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Return to “Effects”