Nektar controller Tracktion support!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks

Thanks to our very own Justin3am (cheers Justin) there is a sample Tracktion 5 controller template in the works for Tracktion with the Nektar Impakt LX.

I've been rocking this controller for a little while and have to say I love the Nektar approach over alternatives like Automap and such. Instead of writing complex catch-all solutions for DAW templates, the Nektar approach is a more bespoke solution - a little bit like inviting a pro around to your house to set it up for you.

I've been using the Logic template for a few months, but as Tracktion was always my favourite I emailed Nektar and asked them if they cold do something for T5. So anyway, Justin sent me a trial template he's worked out - I'll give it a whirl tonight and this weekend - but their support is cool, the Impakt LX is classy yet inexpensive, and if T5 works as well as Logic does then I'm ready to jump right back in!

If anyone else has a Nektar,and you're interested in this bespoke template, then I'm sure Justin/Nektar would be happy to sort you out. i hope that any T5 users looking for a controller might see this as a good reason to give the Nektar stuff a whirl! Note - I have no affiliation to Nektar here, just a satisfied customer.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Thanks for creating this thread Dan!
I have posted the Tracktion control surface script to the Nektar website, along with instructions on how to use it with a Nektar Impact LX25, 49 or 61.
Here is the page: Using Impact LX with Tracktion

I'm working on a similar control surface implementation for our Panorama line of controllers.

You can find information about Nektar products here: Nektar Technology

If you have any questions, it would probably best to contact me via the Nektar Support system. However, I'll keep an eye on this topic and respond as I have time.

Thanks for sharing (and doing!) this. I have a strong suspicion that my next controller will be a Nektar one. (Actually tempted to grab the LX25 and replace the M-Audio Air 32 Mini.)

justin3am wrote: I'm working on a similar control surface implementation for our Panorama line of controllers.
Hi,
I know it's an old topic but currently I'm demoing T7 and I'm having no luck using my P4 with it as a control surface and I can't find any related information in nektar website. I'm quite interested in T7 but I want to be able to use the P4 with the motorized fader. Is it possible? Have you created a script for the Panorama series?
Thanks

BUMPING

Hi,

Real long shot here, looking at how old this thread is, but is there something similar available for using a Nektar LX25+ with T6?

I am a real noob to the tech side of production, but I am learning quick and have my eye on the LX25+ to save me manually constructing loops by taking a sample of every single note and blending them in Audacity to create my loops. Would be so much easier if I can just play them 'live' on a keyboard.

Or can I just do that anyway without any extra software?

Thanks for any help and your patience & undersatnding in dealing with a clueless noob!

:tu:
EssenceSTXii/16Gb RAM/AMD FX9590
Behringer MS40/Alesis SRP100
Audacity, Hydrogen, Tracktion T6

Hi ! It looks this topic has not had much attention and I'm very interested on buying a Nektar Impact keyboard (not sure still if 49 or 61 keys). The link on the second message of this thread is not working, but I've found this other page on the Nektar's site:

https://nektartech.com/using-waveform-t ... ith-impact

Is anyone using this controller with this script file ?? Is it possible to use transport, mixer and synths with Impact keyboards ?? It confuses me that they display on their product page support for many popular DAWs but there's no mention at all on Tracktion Waveform :-( I want to be sure it's working properly before spending my money on something it's no clearly supported.

Thanks !!

Hi. I am using the script file with the Nektar Impact LX25+. I actually just set it up because of your post so it is working with Waveform 11.5.x. and the script file from the page you linked. I pretty much just play guitar, but use some VSTs for drums, pad sounds, occasionally use it for a melody line that I would have to use a mouse to enter. I haven't concerned myself with the transport controls, etc before. Since setting it up and doing a quick test, the transport buttons were working, and the knobs were changing values of the VSTs so it seems to work. My model doesn't have sliders so I can't speak to that. If I can test something out for you, let me know.

Good luck,
David

Hei David, thanks a lot for you feedback, good to know that you can use it successfully with Waveform :-)

The thing that I'm more interested is if controls are assigned to the VST synths and mixer with the "mixer/inst/preset" buttons, but from you words I understand that it does it fairly well.

Hi, I'm using the Nektar Impact GXP49 with the script Nektar provided, and everything works except MIDI clock sync. I can't get the Nektar to receive Waveform's MIDI Clock. Does anyone know what settings to use for MIDI Clock with Nektar controllers?

Return to “Tracktion”