Great track(s) on otherwise forgettable album ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Continuing this great series :D

Where are the hidden gems, that great track found on an otherwise lackluster and dire album?

Classix Nouveaux had the looks, the style, the suave french album titles, but their sound sucked big time, except the rather magnificient 1999 found hidden on the flipside of the La Verite (1982) album.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... 99+classix

To Cut a Long Story Short on the first Spandau Ballet album. Best song they ever did IMO, but that album was terrible.

Another one for me is Ultravox! ‎– Ha!-Ha!-Ha!

The Man Who Dies Everyday and Hiroshima Mon Amour are all time classics, but the rest of the album is them trying to be punks, which they never were

When it comes to pre-Ure Ultravox, I prefer the 3 into 1 compilation.

There was one user on another forum who said he never had listened to Ultravox after John Foxx split. That took me by surprise :o

Bentley Rhythm Ace by Bentley Rhythm Ace. I bought it and never really got into it. The only track on there I really liked was 'Bentleys Gonna Sort You Out!'

Numan's horrible Metal Rhythm, Outland and Machine+Soul trilogy, when he aspired to be Prince :x

There is a one or two nice ballads on each album, the rest is dire, dour and dangerous for the listeners health.

Smooth criminal on MJ's Thriller
Shine on you crazy diamond on Dark side of the moon
Eleanor Rigby on Sgt. Pepper

That was easy...

fese wrote: Shine on you crazy diamond on Dark side of the moon
you mean 'wish you were here'

One - Metallica - And Justice For All ...
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Worst. Troll. Ever.

:hihi:
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:One - Metallica - And Justice For All ...
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Worst. Troll. Ever.

:hihi:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Numanoid wrote: There was one user on another forum who said he never had listened to Ultravox after John Foxx split. That took me by surprise :o
I don't think that Ultravox really came together until after John Foxx left. While I like some of their earlier tracks, when I think of Ultravox I largely think of Vienna through Lament.

ghettosynth wrote:I don't think that Ultravox really came together until after John Foxx left. While I like some of their earlier tracks, when I think of Ultravox I largely think of Vienna through Lament.
+1

It is one of those rare occasions when both the lead singer leaving and the band he leaves both produce their best stuff after the break

Gotta be metallica st anger album....my world being the only good track on an otherwise completely horrible album :dog:
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

The aptly named Crash album by The Human League, which they basically phoned into Jam/Lewis automatic answering machine, has one great track: Human
Last edited by Numanoid on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I don't think that Ultravox really came together until after John Foxx left. While I like some of their earlier tracks, when I think of Ultravox I largely think of Vienna through Lament.
+1

It is one of those rare occasions when both the lead singer leaving and the band he leaves both produce their best stuff after the break
I agree, and I know that it's sacrilege to say so, but I feel the same way about New Order as well. Don't get me wrong, Joy Division was great. Ian Curtis had a distinctive voice, but, New Order was definitive for the better part of a decade.

robojam wrote:To Cut a Long Story Short on the first Spandau Ballet album. Best song they ever did IMO, but that album was terrible.
Aye.
Im sure its heresy to some, but I never liked anything by New Order except Blue Monday.

I was always somewhat disappointed the rest of 'The Drum is Everything' didnt live up to the promise of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdohz3yTWWc
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”