Tritik tkDelay public beta release. UNLIMITED Demo - (winXP support added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
tkDelay

We are happy to announce the public beta release of our first plugin : tkDelay

tkDelay is a versatile delay plugin designed to produce a large range of sounds, from classic delays to experimental sound effects.

key features:
  • host-synced and free delay times
  • infinite feedback loop support
  • reverse mode
  • frequency shifter (per channel)
  • band pass filter
  • delay times modulation (one LFO per channel)
  • filter's frequency modulation (LFO)
  • overdrive
  • file based preset system
  • Intuitive and resizable UI
  • 64-bit compatibility for both Mac and Windows
  • Audio Units and VST2.4 format.
You can fully test it before any purchase : during the beta period tkDelay's demo will run without any features limitation.

Note that during the beta period, the price of tkDelay is only 9 euros. That price will be substantially increased when version 1 will be released, but the upgrade will be free for those who buy tkdelay during the beta period.

We should release the version 1 within a few weeks. Apart from eventual bug fixes and improvements, we plan to add a few more features (tap tempo, other filter types…)

Download it here: www.tritik.com/products/tkdelay

Feedback and eventual bug reports are welcome !
Last edited by Tritik on Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I like the style of the UI, though it could use more contrast IMO, like so:
Apparently, it has some nice features that I like in a delay.

I won't install it right now, though. No offense, but I have too little information about you and your software to let an installer run with admin rights on my machine. But kudos for your fair policy, I hope many people get happy with it :tu:

Looks interesting ...

A x64 delay with reverse mode - interesting 8)

Am tempted to try...

But the GUI puts me off. Suitable for youngsters with 20/20 vision maybe. Have you got anything for over-40s worn-out eyes?

And I'm with paterpeter - why an installer? .dll please :wink:

May i suggest you create a real installer, not allowing people to choose where it is installed and expecting people to be using
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\

Ultimately i only had a few minutes to test and because of that one thing, it didn't get installed at this time
Duh

Thanks for your feedback.
We'll update the installer so that you can choose the install location. edit : done

If some of you prefer to go through a manual installation, here are zip files containing the .dll (win) and .vst/.component (osx)

edit : downloads for manual installation are now on our website : http://www.tritik.com/products/tkdelay

They also contains the factory presets that must be copied to the right location (see contained readme file).
but if the default install locations are fine for you then using the installers available through here would just save you some time :)
Have you got anything for over-40s worn-out eyes?
You may like the fact the UI is fully resizable! but we'll definitely consider tweaking the colors or adding another theme also. edit: new 'light' theme available since v1.1.0 !
Last edited by Tritik on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

OK i have run out of time, but first few thoughts
1 The browser is longwinded, having so many clicks just to change a preset is bad
2 Needs more filter types

Those said, i have been looking for a delay (Sold all my expensive plugins, but an X64 delay that actually just works and doesn't cost the earth is rare) and i can see myself buying this for sure, definitely would like the option of more filters though, even if i could live with the bad browser

Oh and for those thinking the UI is hard to read, it is elastic (JUCE ?) and you can just drag it out full screen, making it one of the slicker/easier to read UIs around ;)

Oh, it does have a huge CPU hit however readelay with similar settings 0.02 TK 0.2, that is ten times as much :(
Duh

Doesn't show up in Live 9 browser (32bit XP) after placing the dll in my VST folder. Also, on XP there is no ProgramData folder to put the presets in ... but maybe this doesn't work in XP?

yes, this does not work on XP. requirements are Win 7 or later or mac os 10.6 or later

edit : win XP support has been added in v1 beta5
Last edited by Tritik on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bungle wrote: 1 The browser is longwinded, having so many clicks just to change a preset is bad
2 Needs more filter types
1 - If you let the browser window opened then you can load presets by just clicking once on a row (and if you select the 'presets' root in the tree all the presets will be shown in the table).
What improvement would you suggest? something like a button displayed in the main interface that would open-up the browser with just one click, or do you mean that you prefer when all the presets are shown in a single menu?

2 - We're currently working on that. At least a great resonant LP will be added in version 1 :)
bungle wrote: one of the slicker/easier to read UIs around ;)
thanks!

Maybe I haven't downloaded the same plugin as some of you guys ( :P ), but I really can't find anything to criticise here.. I really like it (and, bought ;) ). CPU perfectly acceptable here (Mac OSX 10.8.5), and I find the GUI really straightforward.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

wow. great sounding delay, tritik! I love the convenience of the reverse option... been tricking other delays into doing it for years with combinations of down-saw LFO's and doing the math for the delay times, but this is much nicer ;)
don't know how much of your "flight path" is set for this V1, but it would be nice to have other wave shape options and host sync option for the modulation section ;)
Maybe that'll be further down in the development... for now- I'm sold =]

(that said- I will echo the above remarks regarding install directory option ...was simple enough for me to move the dll, but... and the contrast could a tweak ... and the preset chooser is a little involved...but again- this really is lovely)

Nice,
Thank you !
It looks good, the featureset is great, too, and the price is right.
I like the resizeable interface and the x64availability.

Seems really great. :)

I am a sucker for delay plugins so this was a no
brainer.

Wish you all the best :party:

Cheers
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Sounding great
best install option ever (dll file)
best authorization method
resizeable, gorgeous GUI