To Spark 2 or not (Maschine 2 owner)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

Is it just a waste of money to buy Spark 2 if I already got Maschine 2 ?

By looking at the demo in youtube, it can do something that Maschine can't do like modular synth creation is the one and I pretty much love the x0x UI of Spark.

If I really go for Spark2, may I use Maschine studio to control it? Hummm... BTW, I suppose I can buy the software-only, right?

Thanks!
Cowby

Would suggest you stick with Maschine - it also has a step sequencer. And most importantly, the software is WAY better. Spark 2, while an improvement over Spark 1, still has a lot of workflow issues - Arturia is trying to squeeze way too much into a poor, small UI.

cowby wrote:Hi All,
BTW, I suppose I can buy the software-only, right?
Yes, you can try the demo to make your own opinion.

Maschine all the way, baby. :) With Maschine you have a superb drum machine, with V2.x even greater. Did you really master the whole potential of Maschine?

Question: I own Arturia Dubstep but not registered yet, is there a special upgrade price to Spark 2 or not?

Thanks in advance
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Hmm, I find Spark's controller much more nicer to use than Maschine's hardware. But everyone has preferences. If you speculate that you like the UI of Spark, you definitely should try it out. A lot of software is that way for me. If I see a UI that looks like I'll click with, then I'll go for it.

Return to “Instruments”