little mutant dance music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6XxKzlxfes

A small puzzle of alternative kind of dance music. I'm exploring YT usage as means of music streaming. This simple video slideshow is made out of stock imagery in CreaToon, old animation program which has been set free some time ago, nothing really exiting, but i thought, it would be funnier than a still picture.

Instruments used:
Kontakt: improvised fragment on Kontakt's stock bassoon, Garritan's JABB saxophone and this, chopped and re-sequenced in this.
drums: Battery 3 + Ironhead
bass: Jackson Kelly + Overloud Mark Studio
and a touch of fantasia from Roland GrooveSynth, supplied with Sonar

This sounds like something Frank Zappa would do with electronic stuff in his wild wacky way. Quirky goodness! Video suits it well. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

good to hear from you again. you're playing the bass? it might be interesting to hear without the auto-filter -- more 'uneffected'. or not... cheers!

Howdy, yes, I played this bass. It's raw sound was dark and grimy, I feel the wah fits here better as the thing is set in more wacky mood.

this sounded like a glitched out sitcom theme to me. great, clean mix with some amusing sounds! can always expect something fresh and unique from ZQ! :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I'm glad you find it amusing.

Yeah! It does sound like Zappa - early Zappa, like the Freak Out album (1969?). Layzer is right; the production and engineering work was very good. Carry on. :D

To me it sounds like something from DAF's "Die Kleinen und die Bösen" album. The piece is good but perhaps a little monochromatic. Good mix.

Interesting, I'm quite familiar with both mentioned albums, though I don't think I though about them in years, not to mention listening... they must be banging still somewhere in the back of my head.

Return to “Music Cafe”