Allomerus - Jet

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jet.
Progressive Punk Rock
John Wegner: Guitar, Bass, Synths, Voice
Paul Wegner: Drums

Many years ago we were auditioning for a singer. Jet (her name) came to audition. We played a song, which given our propensity to include odd time signatures, was not easy to sing to. Jet said ‘I know what you are doing but you are not doing it right’ and left. Well, what a great excuse to write a song and to include as many different time signatures as possible! :-) Thanks Jet!

https://soundcloud.com/a11omerus/jet

Jet
Jet by nature and by name
She left almost before she came
Jet was one and the same
She found someone else to blame

Anybody could see what we were doing
Anybody could do it right
All it took was just 5 minutes
To analyze our plight 

Jet she could easily tell
Into place the pieces fell
It was not hard to quell
Feelings that Jet was not well

All it took was 5 minutes
To analyze our plight 

Jet she did not sit and mope
She said there is no hope
Jet was off at an easy lope
No one knew that Jet could not cope

All it took was 5 minutes
To analyze our plight 
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

heheee well this was fun, i wanna hop on this jet and takea ride in the clouds! it had that great vintage "punk" sound. slick drums and guitar work guys! rock on! :band:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I really enjoyed it. Those guitar chords remind me of some of those late '70s bands, most probably Partridge/XTC, and the drumming was very energetic and propulsive, given that the timesigs were getting a good workover. It's a winner.

Good work, John :)

layzer wrote:heheee well this was fun, i wanna hop on this jet and takea ride in the clouds! it had that great vintage "punk" sound. slick drums and guitar work guys! rock on! :band:
Thanks layzer! I was certainly after that raw sound but with a complicated nature as well. I think 'The Cardiacs' were a bit of an inspiration for this. ;)
Bandcamp

seismic1 wrote:I really enjoyed it. Those guitar chords remind me of some of those late '70s bands, most probably Partridge/XTC, and the drumming was very energetic and propulsive, given that the timesigs were getting a good workover. It's a winner.

Hi Tim. Glad you liked those features of it, they were the things I wanted! Wasn't sure if I had too many different time sig changes though... :)
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I really enjoyed it. Those guitar chords remind me of some of those late '70s bands, most probably Partridge/XTC, and the drumming was very energetic and propulsive, given that the timesigs were getting a good workover. It's a winner.

Hi Tim. Glad you liked those features of it, they were the things I wanted! Wasn't sure if I had too many different time sig changes though... :)
No. I think they worked out fine :tu:

Nice production! Good job :)
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Nice production! Good job :)
Thanks VORT3X! Glad you enjoyed it. :-)
Bandcamp

Hi John, as always :tu: :tu: :tu:

All the best
M.

M.Brösel wrote:Hi John, as always :tu: :tu: :tu:

All the best
M.
Hi M. Thanks for the :tu: Appreciated! :)
Bandcamp

A fun, frenzied track with a great backstory. In an alternate universe, Jet and the Allomerus are a huge stadium act.

The vox successfully ride the time signatures and sound good. The only complaint are some of the rhymes sound kinda forced: tell/fell/quell/well & mope/hope/lope/cope.

Good stuff. 8)

Frantz wrote:A fun, frenzied track with a great backstory. In an alternate universe, Jet and the Allomerus are a huge stadium act.

The vox successfully ride the time signatures and sound good. The only complaint are some of the rhymes sound kinda forced: tell/fell/quell/well & mope/hope/lope/cope.

Good stuff. 8)
Thanks Frantz! I'd have to agree with you about the forced rhymes, maybe Jet was right! ;) Anyway, the lyrics are from the 80s sometime and I thought they should stay as they were...

What I probably should do now is make every word rhyme! :D
Bandcamp

This tune was terrible, I had to press stop button to save my ears.

deep'n'dark wrote:This tune was terrible, I had to press stop button to save my ears.
Is that you Jet? :shock:

Frantz wrote:
deep'n'dark wrote:This tune was terrible, I had to press stop button to save my ears.
Is that you Jet? :shock:
I think it might be...
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”