Which one will be released first : Cubase 8 or Studio One Pro 3 ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

So... Which one do you think will surface first : Cubase 8 or Studio One Pro 3 ?

My guess .... Cubase 8 will be released first, this year !

Maybe something will be announced or some news "leaked" at the SAE Alumni Convention in Berlin, Germany on Thu/Fri.

Steinberg, Apple and AVID are present, sadly Presonus is not. But I also have the feeling that we see C8 by end of the year.
See: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=414541
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Cubase 8 should be released next month if this doesn't hinder Steinberg from doing so:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandeven ... -2945.html
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Cubase 7 & 7.5 were annunced on november (mid) and released a few weeks later, so it will probably be the same. So my guess : cubase 8. And studio one at winter namm 2015.

Yes, Cubase 7 was announced on November 14, 2012 and released on December 5, 2012

Cubase 7.5 announced on November 28, 2013, released December 3, 2013
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

So... Which one do you think will surface first : Cubase 8 or Studio One Pro 3 ?

My guess .... Cubase 8 will be released first, this year !
One Ping Only 2.

My guess is regardless of which one, they will be missing things you really wanted and introduce a significant number of bugs.

Which one will be more successful you think when it drops? Some bugs, but not so many that it isn't unusable. I was just thinking the time cubase 7 came out and it was an uproar somewhat. I recently read an article where a pro producer said he wanted to throw his mac out of the windows because of cubase. I think he uses logic now. But what does that tell you. Hope steinberg take their time with 8.

beatmangler443 wrote:Which one will be more successful you think when it drops?
Loaded question. Successful according to... KVR or Gearslutz? No idea.

If or when Cubase drops the MDI windowing that will be a really big deal, a new UI, a new era, and will have the net 'a chattering for weeks on end. I think Cubase with a more modern consolidated UI would be a real monster.

Otoh, people have been waiting for an S1 update for a good while and whatever shows up will likely be mostly unexpected, and probably some really clever design bits, new twists on common things, which will also get the net 'a chattering for weeks.

Hard to say. Cubase is already loaded with goo-gobs of stuff so I don't see anything they can do that will be really major + mostly unexpected. More likely just a continuation of the changes they started with Cubase 7... with the obligatory shiny tossed in.

But if Cubase 8 has a consolidated UI that will be a major deal and would probably trump most new shiny stuff. I don't personally expect that yet, not in Cubase 8, but of course I have no inside knowledge of all that so who knows.

Given that S1 is a good bit behind feature wise (generally speaking, on the midi front mostly), you'd think they'd have a bigger opportunity for some kind of marketing impact, dunno. But a new Cubase UI would get lips flapping. :)

hibidy wrote:My guess is regardless of which one, they will be missing things you really wanted and introduce a significant number of bugs.
lol, that's a very optimistic world view :lol:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
hibidy wrote:My guess is regardless of which one, they will be missing things you really wanted and introduce a significant number of bugs.
This isn't my first rodeo.

Ever the realist.... :cry:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Cubase is already the "Monster Daw" on the block so Cubase 8 will continue that standing. I think 8 will most likely drop next month.

hibidy wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
This isn't my first rodeo.
Some people see beautiful horses and the occasional beautiful woman at the rodeo ... others are constantly looking down at the cow shit trying not to step in it.

By the way, I'm just having fun with you hibidy. I know the history of Cubase releases all too well. However, in the midst of the new bugs, mystery feature removal and weird design choices are typically some awesome new features and fixes for bugs that you almost gave up on ever getting addressed.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”