Can anyone explain this to me ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why sometimes when i want to drop any device on my project using browser, my cursor turns into crossed circle and i can't do that ? I can drop device however by double clicking it or by droping specific preset from the lower list but it still seems weird to me.

:help:

This only happens to me when either a plugin doesn't work or if the VST scanning is still active (see the status line). This may happen more often now, since if you switch between the Release and the Beta, VSTs are fully rescanned each time to guarantee consistency.
Or does it only happen with certain plugins to you?

Can you provide more info? OS? Specific steps to reproduce?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I know whats causing the problem - when I open bitwig with a blank project everything works fine but as soon as I open ANY of my projects ( even if its saved blank one ) then it seems like Bitwig is loosing ability to load files. For example when I right click on polysynth in a browser menu and pick "open containing folder" Iam getting "file not found \bitwig\library\devices\polysynth" although this file exist.
I cant even open manual.Still dont know why. Win7x64

What version of Bitwig are you using?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

How do you open Bitwig: With a doubleclick in Explorer on a Bitwig File or do you open Bitwig first and then open the project through the file menu? For the first case there is a known bug.

Cheers,

Tom

Oh... funny thing.

Its causing the problem when i open my project through the file menu and works fine when i open it in Explorer.

So this bug works in reversed way for me

Can you send this to tech-support please?
http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html
This is a rather hard to grab bug that only shows up for some people. That it's reversed in your case is even more peculiar. Please include all the info you gave me here and/or point to this thread.

Cheers,

Tom

Return to “Bitwig”