New track colour

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I drag an instrument from the browser and drop it into the timeline section and create a new track. The track colour is always boring gray.

If I want gray I look outside at the clouds :)

Berlin has the same default wet grey colour today. Can't find the palette either. ;-)
Some orange would be good...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Maybe you will appreciate this then Tom.

I've been bad and sent in a FR. At least they have it and hopefully one day they can make my gray life more colourful. :)

goatgirl wrote:When I drag an instrument from the browser and drop it into the timeline section and create a new track. The track colour is always boring gray.

Are you using 1.1? It seems to me that something has changed with colors in the last 4 betas.

If I remember correctly, it used to auto assign, been a while since I have been in 1.0, this is how it was right, auto rainbow colors?

Also, there are bugs when switching colors and how the clip/event editor redraw doesn't work until you change clips. I am sure they are aware of this bug since its been around since beta2.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

goatgirl wrote:Maybe you will appreciate this then Tom.

I've been bad and sent in a FR. At least they have it and hopefully one day they can make my gray life more colourful. :)
... That is a "pretty" colorful picture. :) Its raining here in NH and I think it gave me green spots. I definitely had to squint.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

TeotiGraphix wrote:
Are you using 1.1? It seems to me that something has changed with colors in the last 4 betas.

If I remember correctly, it used to auto assign, been a while since I have been in 1.0, this is how it was right, auto rainbow colors?

Also, there are bugs when switching colors and how the clip/event editor redraw doesn't work until you change clips. I am sure they are aware of this bug since its been around since beta2.

Mike
I've tested in 1.0.15 and the 1.1 beta. Its certainly been like this for quite some time. Today I just decided I've had enough and snapped... well it was more of a deep sigh.

Dragging in a vst and dropping to create a track is always gray. If I create a blank new track it assigns some random colour.

TeotiGraphix wrote: ... That is a "pretty" colorful picture. :) Its raining here in NH and I think it gave me green spots. I definitely had to squint.
Sorry... I should have put a warning up before it ... my bad ;)

goatgirl wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote:

Mike
I've tested in 1.0.15 and the 1.1 beta. Its certainly been like this for quite some time. Today I just decided I've had enough and snapped... well it was more of a deep sigh.

Dragging in a vst and dropping to create a track is always gray. If I create a blank new track it assigns some random colour.
Yeah ok, creating tracks yes, that is what it was. Also dragging audio clips automatically assigns colors, so I would say tis a bug with VST, I get the same thing.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

I think it was always like that actually for dragged in stuff.
Yeah, would be more consistent to keep at auto-colouring.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

I don't know about you guys, but I think it's starting to kick in...

LOL

I like the layout of your giraffe-clip-launcher ;-)
Feels more organic that way.

:tu:

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote:LOL

I like the layout of your giraffe-clip-launcher ;-)
Feels more organic that way.

:tu:

Cheers,

Tom
In fact, let's do away with "clip". Let's call them... SPLOTCHES! Splotch Launcher!
:hihi:

I like where this is going :D

goatgirl wrote:When I drag an instrument from the browser and drop it into the timeline section and create a new track. The track colour is always boring gray.

Forgive me if I am too dense to understand, or if something has changed, but at one time you could change the track header's color within the inspector.

Is this what you mean?

In the meantime please keep posting those wonderful colors to the thread :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:at one time you could change the track header's color within the inspector
You can change the track colour in the inspector, that is not the issue.

If you create a new track, Bitwig gives it a random colour. When you drag a clip, sorry a splotch, from the browser to a blank area of the timeline window, Bitwig will create a track for you and give it a random colour.

If however, you drag a device from the browser to a blank area of the timeline window it will create a track and will only give it a boring gray colour.... it really needs to be given a random colour like the other cases.

Hope this clears things up :)

Return to “Bitwig”