Access AGM strummer MIDI data in Logic Pro

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reverand posted a YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFH1Dq9Yr2I which describes how to send MIDI out from the AGM. This explanation begins at around 5:40 in the video. In order to use the AGM engine to trigger another instrument from the strum sequencer, he set up an additional instrument in Cubase and routed incoming MIDI from the AGM track. How is this done in Logic? There is nowhere on the Track/Arrange page that gives that option (for MIDI input). I assume it is achieved via the Environment page. I tried cabling the AGM track to a virtual piano track and it only played the single note that I had used to trigger the strum pattern on the AGM track. (Yes, I did turn on the "MIDI Out" button on the "Settings" page in AGM).

Ultimately, I would like to be able to see (and edit for other instruments) the MIDI data from the strummer. How can I best access that data in Logic Pro?

Thank you for your thousands of hours of work on a fine instrument.

Hi, thanks for your interest. Logic Pro basically doesn't support midi out, for any virtual instrument. We're still trying to find a way to rewire.

Return to “Ample Sound”