BIAS Desktop released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

Just sharing some information on the BIAS Desktop release for those of you interested.

BIAS is a guitar amp modeler with Amp Matching technology that offers an entirely new concept of putting any tube amplifier tone and feel into a plug-in (AAX/RTAS/AU/VST) for Mac and PC. It features the most accurate, thorough and versatile guitar-amp modeler and designer engine, and it can accurately capture the tone of any tube amplifier, users can then share or download amp models from BIAS’s built-in ToneCloud amp-sharing platform.

http://www.positivegrid.com/bias-desktop

Congratulations on the release. Why is the price so much higher than the iOS version?

$19.99 vs $99

twoifbysea wrote:Congratulations on the release. Why is the price so much higher than the iOS version?

$19.99 vs $99
Because it is not only for the iPad and they have to support different formats and platforms and operating systems and hosts and test all that? Much more work during and after development...
Apart from that I think they would gladly sell the iPad version for more if it were possible. iPad app prices really are inflationary, I wonder how audio devs make any money at all from that platform...

fese wrote:
twoifbysea wrote:Congratulations on the release. Why is the price so much higher than the iOS version?

$19.99 vs $99
Because it is not only for the iPad and they have to support different formats and platforms and operating systems and hosts and test all that? Much more work during and after development...
Apart from that I think they would gladly sell the iPad version for more if it were possible. iPad app prices really are inflationary, I wonder how audio devs make any money at all from that platform...
They make money by selling more product.

I'll be interested in hearing or seeing some reviews of this. I don't have (or intend to buy) an ipad...Some very good amp sims out there.

$19.99 vs $99
Thanks! That's a very good question.

We think cross-platform is very interesting because when we put the same technology on different OS and devices, it allows users to create, share and download over tens of thousands amp models, and that's never been possible before.

Instead of simply porting from iOS, we took several steps further: first, we designed BIAS Desktop from ground up with a much more complex and robust software architecture so it's ready for professional studio and serious home recording applications; second, it's subtle but we worked hard to keep the look and feel quite similar but optimized for larger displays, and finally we spent significant amount of R&D hours to develop and support various formats (AAX/RTAS/VST/AU) for all major DAWs for both Windows and Mac, this makes BIAS Desktop really ready for professional studio usage.

It's just a start, we are currently working many exciting new technology and features.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for the explanation.

How does it compare to the ios version. Does it have the same content.
The Jeff Lomis amps?
keith Morrow?

Return to “Effects”