DCAM: Synth Squad underrated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One (well, actually three) of my favorite soft synths ever.

Why isn't this synth package more talked about?

It is still one of my favourite bundles. Cypher still surprises me with the sounds i can coax out of it!

I sure hope they make some updates, but I'm not sure how easy it will be without Andy Simper?
:borg:

-Rather high price
-Rather small GUI
-Rather CPU heavy

Numanoid wrote:-Rather high price
-Rather small GUI
-Rather CPU heavy
I doubt that's the reason..

First off the price of $250 comes down significantly during sales and you can get it for $99.

The small GUI has been fixed now with the latest update which allows you resize the GUI to a much bigger size.

CPU usage is not bad unless you are using high internal oversampling per instance or you are using fusor.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:The small GUI has been fixed now with the latest update which allows you resize the GUI to a much bigger size.
Greeeeeat, I'll download the update tomorrow, I didn't know :clap:

Maybe it's because it's 3 synths? I always found that approach a bit weird. What if i only like 1 of the 3?

I personally find the gui has a bit of a learning curve. From what little I've heard about this synth, people were quite enthusiastic so I'm also interested in hearing more from the not so much hyped fanboys but from new users.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

1. The animator is quite amazing, esp. the advanced arp section.
2. There's nothing quite like Amber.
3. You can make crunchy funky thick sounds with DCam like nothing else.
4. It takes forever to learn - but you can get nice results immediately - or should I say, accidentally. It will make you think differently re: modulation. You really need to study the manual, probably more than any other plug-in I've ever used.

Love this synth.
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

It's (relatively) old, and people like to talk about whatever's fresh.

Also, looks to me like it's talked about plenty

It's good... Especially Strobe.

But it's getting on a bit now, and there are a lot of really good choices. Like Geist it need a bit of an update in my opinion.

But that's good news about the GUI. :)

Re. the price, as op said you can easily get it for $99.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Numanoid wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:The small GUI has been fixed now with the latest update which allows you resize the GUI to a much bigger size.
Greeeeeat, I'll download the update tomorrow, I didn't know :clap:
Problem is, unlike in u-he plugins for example, the larger modes are not high res enough so tend to look blurry - not really usable for me.

cwig wrote:One (well, actually three) of my favorite soft synths ever.

Why isn't this synth package more talked about?
honestly? its not as new as serum or codex :smack:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

But they are classic to say the least. Rock solid sound, albeit minus the effects.

Going by the sound quality of Synth Squad, Cytomic The Glue and demo of Cytomic The Drop, anything by that Andy dude is gonna be first-rate awesome.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

Strobe is maybe the best learners synth I have ever found, sound isn't bad either. Just so easy to do modulation!

Return to “Instruments”