Good Acoustic Guitar?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, is there any good acoustic guitar kontakt libraries or VSTs out there? I have already tried Ilya Efimov and RealGuitar but they are designed for different genre of music. I write mainly classical, scores, heavy metal, and folk (eastern).

Things I need:
  • Ability to sound good even when played fast
  • As a result of the above, round robin samples would be ideal
  • I don't own a midi keyboard so I use piano roll (FL11) for all composition, so good playability with that in mind.
Things that I don't need (if it's included, no big deal, but I don't need):
  • Chord builders / Pattern handlers (e.g. Ilya Efimov)

Seems like SampleTank 3 free has an A. Guitar... Might want to check it..

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3free/

The Orange Tree EAG instrument is superb. They have a companion "blues" version that is also excellent (and unique).

Both of these come with some strum/chord type software that I never use, so I can't comment on that. But the playability and sound are excellent, to my ear.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BTW, if you do classical, folk and heavy metal, what genre, exactly, is the Ilya plug not suited for? Sounds like a fairly broad range.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:BTW, if you do classical, folk and heavy metal, what genre, exactly, is the Ilya plug not suited for? Sounds like a fairly broad range.

-B
Thanks i'll check out Orange Tree.

Ilya is decent for what I have right now, and I actually use it. Well I have Strum, and I tried the normal AG from them and it does not sound right at all when trying to play leads. Chords are even worse. Maybe I don't know how to use it well, i'll get a demo later tonight if you need it.

We (Realitone) have an acoustic guitar called Acoustic Lite which is only $29 and is pretty versatile. It got a 100/100 review from Film & Game Composers. Plus, if you buy it and don't like it (for any reason at all), we'll give you your money back. So can check it out with no risk.

warfighter67 wrote:
BERFAB wrote:BTW, if you do classical, folk and heavy metal, what genre, exactly, is the Ilya plug not suited for? Sounds like a fairly broad range.

-B

Ilya is decent for what I have right now, and I actually use it. Well I have Strum, and I tried the normal AG from them and it does not sound right at all when trying to play leads. Chords are even worse. Maybe I don't know how to use it well, i'll get a demo later tonight if you need it.
If you have any questions about our Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel Strings sample library for Kontakt just let me know, too--I'm always happy to help! :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Ample Sound Ample Guitar M Lite v1.3.0

The Page: http://www.amplesound.net/en/pro-pd.asp?id=7

The Download Page: http://www.amplesound.net/en/download.asp

Almost Real... And Free! ;-)

+1 for Orange Tree. I'm not sure if it fits your needs (as they are quite wide) but it's definitely a high quality lib.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

Gregjazz wrote:
warfighter67 wrote:

-B

If you have any questions about our Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel Strings sample library for Kontakt just let me know, too--I'm always happy to help! :)
Wow you guys seem very friendly! :)

The problem I have with Strum is that yes, it's quick to make patterns that sound good but it doesn't do anything for realism and it plays the pattern perfectly save a bit of velocity variation, and to my trained ear, I know no guitar played would play that perfectly, he or she would be slightly hitting random strings occasionally (string resonance) and not playing in perfect tempo, which is why I prefer to manually write everything so I can include those inconsistencies myself! :D

Mike Greene wrote:We (Realitone) have an acoustic guitar called Acoustic Lite which is only $29 and is pretty versatile. It got a 100/100 review from Film & Game Composers. Plus, if you buy it and don't like it (for any reason at all), we'll give you your money back. So can check it out with no risk.
Thanks, I took a look at it! Very decent library you have there, but unfortunately it's almost a little too light for me. I'm not worried about load times or RAM usage because my system is fast and I have 32GB of RAM at my disposal, and I need an AG that can sound good played very fast, which without round robin or other realism features, just won't happen.

Keep doing your thing though, you make good libraries that are light and cheap! Different market I guess :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”