If you could only keep 2 soft synths ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you could only keep 2 soft synths, what would they be. Pure samplers are not included, although if it has a synth engine it is fair game. Bonus, you can augment with hardware.

EDIT for clarity: I didn't intend to exclude a software sampler. It seems reasonable you could have a software sampler, but if it has a synth engine, it's a synth and counts agains the 2 soft synths. For example, HAlion 5 and MachFive 3 are extremely capable synths in addition to being great samplers. Either should count as a soft synth.

You can change your answers at any time, but dig hard and try to come up with the 2 you would keep that would be crucial to the type of music you produce.

Feel free to elaborate on your choices. Oh, wait ... this is KVR. You'll probably want to argue and shame people for their choices too. :)

Let the fun begin!

PS ... my mind isn't made up yet, although I'm leaning towards Serum and Diva. I'll elaborate more as I make up my mind. This is really difficult for me. I'm actually going to force myself to do this IRL. I can't decide if something like fxpansion Synth Squad counts as "1" synth since you can't buy them separately. And then there is the Virus TI2, does this count as hardware or must it count against my softsynths?!

So, for now my 2 choices are:

Serum
Diva
Last edited by billcarroll on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Largo, because of it's large palette of sound and the versatility of its sound, and Dune for its ease of use, and for its "bread- and butterness". :)

Harmor and Massive

Dune 2 and Monark.

Omnisphere and Bazille.

Harmor and Absynth. I can imagine experimenting with them for years, and creating the most mind-boggling sounds.

If modulars are allowed, maybe Reaktor 5 and Tassman 4. Each of these is a never-ending lego toolbox of sound creation tools. Even deeper than Harmor and Absynth but in a different way, and you need to like building synths to appreciate them.
Last edited by Synchanter on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

Aalto and Synthmaster

Z3ta+ 2 and Rapture.

Alchemy,
Omnisphere. :hug:

Diva and Omnisphere

Dune 1. The original (and the best imho).

VirtualCZ.

Tomorrow I'll probably have a different opinion.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Vaz Modular and Zebra 2
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Since I can leave my sample-player out of this...
Camel and Zebra.
Both are so versatile.

Alchemy and Microtonic.

Albino3 and Sylenth
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Instruments”