UHBIK

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Urs..its been a while since visiting the forum.

Good to see more developments from u-he however I do remember mention of addition to current Uhbik arsenal. Appears to be not the case?

glasgene wrote:Hi Urs..its been a while since visiting the forum.

Good to see more developments from u-he however I do remember mention of addition to current Uhbik arsenal. Appears to be not the case?
U-he have been extremely busy of late, so something had to make way I guess.

Are you up to speed with:
- Diva
- Bazille
- Hive
- Satin
- Presswerk?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Yes I'm aware but that is not my topic. It must be well over a year now and there was talk of further development. I'm a customer that brought a particular product any other products are not my concern with respect.

glasgene wrote:Yes I'm aware but that is not my topic. It must be well over a year now and there was talk of further development. I'm a customer that brought a particular product any other products are not my concern with respect.
Ok valid point.

As you were ;)

Although just to satisfy my curiosity, what do you believe is missing?

Well yeah that is a good question. Maybe a combined and simplified version of satin and presswork combined. I suppose it would be something like supercharger which I don't own

Nowadays I limit my plug ins ..I use Uhbik a lot and so being the case wanted to know if there was to be further additions.

glasgene wrote:Well yeah that is a good question. Maybe a combined and simplified version of satin and presswork combined.
That's not a bad idea, but seeing as these are very new plugins I don't think it will be soon.

Perhaps, when they're a bit older they could be simplified and morphed into a Uhbik.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
glasgene wrote:Yes I'm aware but that is not my topic. It must be well over a year now and there was talk of further development. I'm a customer that brought a particular product any other products are not my concern with respect.
Ok valid point.

As you were ;)

Although just to satisfy my curiosity, what do you believe is missing?
Distortion maybe?

There have been several discussions about that question and one favorite of mine is to add the modulation and reverb effects from the synths into the corresponding modules.

Of course, Urs' personal nemesis - that idea of an UHBIK shell with flexible routing and modulation... light versions of Satin and Presswerk, some more crazy stuff in the delay department, LoFi as in downsampling and distortion, different filters in Runciter, a dedicated channel strip, a transient shaper, an exciter, an ADT module, addition of an envelope follower to the existing modules, things like that.
Last edited by medienhexer on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

:) all that stuff too. Yum

Urs food for thought maybe..algorithms already built of course

Disappointing response considering initial words of where UHBIK would go. In our business we work by the words do as you say :? Oh well Urs as long as you keep supporting the product with bug fixes or supporting OS changes.

I understand a man's got to eat

I've led charges for UHBIK updates and additions a couple or more times.

There was finally an update.

Nothing happens on additions.

Gave up.

I've got $99 (as I recall) in UHBIK as a first adopter.

I think just G was added after that and an update (1.3?) that finally fixed what was broken in 1.2.

Anyway, they're fine... no longer go-to in any category for me.

Look, it's a synth company that has some effects.

Synths and new effects (and RE) come first... not UHBIK (it's barely last, I think).

We also have Satin and might get Compressive, though we do not need more compressors unless they're clearly better than the rest (don't get that that's the case here)... might get it just to show some small developer support, though.

Time to move on.

UHBIK is SO last decade.

(kidding... whatever happens with it from here is fine)

I'm mostly worried about them dropping more formats as with VST3 (unless it's RE, which I have no use for, and see as a time-waster for some developers).
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Meant Presswerk above, of course... back to the pubic... uh, I mean "public" beta.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

(still off topic)
Of course the plan is to make Presswerk "clearly better than the rest". Got to have goals...

glasgene wrote:Disappointing response
Sorry, I'm in "dev mode" - I hardly check new threads these days.

As for Uhbik - yep, we still have plans. But I'd much rather wait until things happen before we'll share any of them.

As for business decisions, Diva simply had to be done, Satin and Presswerk seemed low hanging fruits ("the knowledge is there, let's make a product"), Bazille was as old as Uhbik, so deserved to be released too. Hive is pretty much the last low hanging fruit in our development backlog. Things have been awfully slow considering that even low hanging fruits took a year or two to develop. Must have been plug-in format woes and stuff. We're done with those. Next year is mostly about Zebra, but I do hope we can do something for Uhbik as well then.

Thats good to see and hear; thanks for the reply I know its busy right now. I look forward to it

Return to “u-he”