Any new plug-ins from this past year that do something different that hadnt been done yet?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any new plug-ins from this past year that do something different that hadnt been done yet?

No. Comp, eq, comp, eq, comp, eq, not better, just different. Soft will eat itself.

Liquid Rhythm is pretty amazing(not sure if it was released in the last 2 years though). If it wasn't for the big cpu hit in Cubase, I would be using that in everything session.

Interesting take on graphical audio processing. That page needs a video demonstration.

Also, what's with the subtle Star Trek font? Do fonts download to browsers now? How does that even work on mobile devices?

Although they did one thing that's well tired by now: used the wrong form of "its". Typos on commercial product pages bug me a lot. Worse in print (looking at you, CM).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I don't think so, effects-wise. If you want to open up the topic to specific types, you might find something you like.

Oh wait, this IS in the instruments forum. Same as I said, you'd have to ask for specifics -within- normal ranges. There was a couple I didn't demo due to size, but the thinking usually is nothing but sound quality.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

codex can do a 2-dimensional wavetable... i think that's something actually new.

cycle... wow. somehow i got that confused with curve, and thought it was another semi-VA synth last time i saw it. that is very unique.

i think photosounder spiral is really cool too, though it's not even an instrument or effect, it's a visualizer. only have the CM version right now but it's unique.

Maybe Enzyme? Wavetable meets Physical Modeling...
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Hell yeah! Kaivo by Madrona Labs if you ask me...

eXode wrote:Hell yeah! Kaivo by Madrona Labs if you ask me...

Looks like a baby-poop-green version of Aalto.
[Insert Signature Here]

Wow, what a great thread- apparently I've missed hearing about some cool stuff!

stoooner/adze
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Instruments”