Drag & drop audio from clips to VSTs?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will this be possible in the future? Dragging recorded audio from the clip launcher or the arranger directly into something like SliceX, Edison or Sugar Bytes Egoist. I think it would save a lot of time - at the moment it is possible to drag & drop freely from Edison to SliceX or similar VSTs but first i have to record the audio into Edison. Without that extra step resampling and sclicing could be a lot more fun and intuitive...

Or is there another workaround i'm not seeing yet? :ud:

I was looking for this as well. +1
Composer, animator, video producer and web designer
http://www.juhanalehtiniemi.com

yeah it is my number 1 feature request! bounce in place + drag and drop directly to kontakt/harmor/battery etc will be simply amazing

++++infinite

from/to browser, to arrangement view is working in BWS 1.1b6, from arrangement doesn't because that one contains track device infos too which is BWS specific (u can drop the created samples to anywhere from the project/samples view)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

That was a really useful tip, xbitz, thank you. :tu: So yeah, dragging from the used samples folder works in beta 6 - problem is that the names of the files can't be changed as far as i can see - they're all named "Audio XY.wav", so in bigger projects you'd really have a hard time finding the one you're looking for.

Maybe these files in the folder could be referenced when dragging from arranger/clip launcher? I don't know s..t about coding, so... :wink:

An option to drag the wav files from clips into vsts & back into the browser to save as a wav file (as apposed to a clip - which is still a great feature) would be an excellent addition.

maybe an icon such as this in the inspector that lets the program know you wan't to drag the raw waveform as opposed to the audio clip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bitwig”