2caudio on Mavericks and Yosemite?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys

I get an error on Aether and Breeze whenI try to install them on MAC, OS mavericks.

Does it work for you? Have you heard anything about it?

Sami
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Install/works on Mavericks for me (though I guess I haven't tried to install after 10.9.5 update). Never tried on Yosemite.

HI,

I am running all of our plugs on Yosemite, yes. Both Mavericks and Yosemite are supported.

What issue do you see on install?

(relatively-semi) common errors to avoid:

1) Don't unzip the download using a third party unzip tool. Use OSX's built-in unzip tool. Third party unzip tools sometimes seem to do some unknown black magic voodoo to our installers. Why don't know why. See question 2 here:

http://www.2caudio.com/support/faq#_installation

2) Check permissions of /library/application support/2caudio/ set permissions to read/write to this entire folder and all contents as described here in question 3 here:

http://www.2caudio.com/support/faq#_installation

The Info contained on this page solves ALL installation issues that we are aware of. Installation issues are 99.9% of our support emails. When I receive them, I copy paste the link to this page and state "please try everything listed here." So far this works 100% of the time.

We are more than happy provide additional help if needed, but AFAIK, all info to solve all commonly occurring issues is already on that page. If I missed anything, let me know and I will add it.

Maybe one day we will be initiated into the deeper mysteries of Mac OSX permissions, but thus far these kind of things are voodoo to us, and we don't know exactly why this happens rarely. I would say, this is most likely the most common area of support for ALL audio developers actually.

Fortunately we only see this stuff less than 1% of the time or so.

Summary: Yes, both Mavericks and Yosemite are supported for ALL of our products.

...additionally, we thus far have elected not to sign our installer in the Apple requested manner, and we don't participate in the App store. Because of this, you may have to adjust your "Gatekeeper" preferences to allow ALL third party installations "from anywhere".

AFAIK, this is a common decision so far among us plug-in developers. Signing things just slows us down and adds extra support work, and we have enough of this kind of thing already to support AAX (Pace Eden) and other things for example. This is same kind of thing with Windows UAC.

We assume most of our customers know how to use a computer, and are smart enough to know that they are installing something without Apple's/MS's help to try to keep them "safe"...

The permissions thing seems to have fixed it! Thanks :)
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Install/works on Mavericks for me too

Great.

I just did this one on Yosemite (using B2):

https://soundcloud.com/andrew_souter/an ... look-north

All of our products def work on Yosemite.

Just the usual/unusual permissions stuff to check one in a while as described above...

Return to “Effects”