REQUEST: Improve Modulation (CC#1) Performance

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While I love the guitars, the modulation is weak. When I press the modwheel I expect to hear something similar to pitched tremolo. Currently it sounds like the guitar is being detune slowly. I think its an important topic to address for all the guitars.
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

Hi, mod wheel is designed for common vibrato in guitar performance. If you want a deep vibrato, you can use pitch bender.

I understand. The vibrato does not sound common. I'm not sure if any other users notice or use the mod wheel. It sounds to me like the finger drags out of tune in one direction. Even when I try to physically modulate the mod wheel, it does not sound as intended. I try the pitch bend, but it randomly loses response.

It would seem better to have the mod wheel auto modulate with increasing rate along the 0-127 range.

Both pitch bend and mod wheel simulate real performance which means you need to constantly move them up and down. We will consider to add a button to trigger them automatically.

Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:Both pitch bend and mod wheel simulate real performance which means you need to constantly move them up and down. We will consider to add a button to trigger them automatically.
I too would welcome the ability to automate a vibrato automatically.
One of the reasons I purchased the acoustic guitars was because of the realistic sounds.
I am working on a Bossa Nova where some of the notes being held on the AGT are whole notes.
When I use the Modulation wheel to try to simulate the vibrato the results are not as realistic as I would like them to be.
Granted there are other instruments playing at the same time and so it is hard to discern the articulation.
However, if I was playing a classical piece or soloing strictly with one of the AS acoustic guitars, I would want the ability to have the results sound authentic.

I too would welcome CC1 to add vibrato. Every virtual guitar I own uses this technique. While I appreciate AmpleSound's attempt to mimic a guitar player's style, it's difficult to achieve with keyboard controllers. Pitch bend can be very finicky and one can spend an inordinate amount of time editing the information. Even a combo key switch+mod wheel would be welcome if you need to keep your current scripting.

Love both my guitars and I'm fooling people all the time! ;-) Keep up the great work. Thanks.
"To infinity and Beyonce!"--Buzz Lite Beer

I don't mean to pile on, but I have come across this issue as well. I own AGG, AGM, and ABP, so I am obviously a happy Ample Sound customer, but when I try to use the mod wheel for vibrato, I am not able to get a realistic or even much of a noticeable effect at all. I am using the M-Audio Keystation 88es, and to even get a hint of vibrato, I have to force the mod wheel up and down at a speed that pushes the natural resistance of the mod wheel to the point that I feel like I am going to wear it out or break it. Part of me would prefer a pre-programmed vibrato rate, where you don't have to shake the mod wheel but only need to start raising it to get deeper and deeper vibrato (although this may require another parameter to control vibrato speed). Either that, or just a much more sensitive response to the mod wheel where I don't have to move it up and down so drastically (pretty all the way to the top and down) to get any effect at all.
I agree with the previous poster who said that the pitch wheel is way too finicky to do any sort of vibrato (though is perfect for realistic bending of the note), at least on my Keystation.

Merry Christmas, Thanks for your suggestions Thehalflight, we have made this feature in 2.0.
You will can toggle "Auto Mod" off and on; and change "Mod Range" on the Settings panel.

Kane

Thank You!!

Return to “Ample Sound”