Who is on your watch list for this 'Black Season'?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now that we're coming up on Black Sales to the holidays...
Which software(s) have you been watching and waiting for for deep discounts to jump on?

If Sound Magic gives 66%+ discounts, I might go for the Imperial Grand.

Otherwise, I'm hoping to score a DMXIS for light sequencing.

curious to know what NI normally do at this time of year.

The only thing I can think of that Ive been watching for a while is spectral, if that drops to a good price Im on it. Possibly a k10 upgrade deal if the 50% off rolls around
Last edited by ezelkow1 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ezelkow1 wrote:Possibly a k10 upgrade deal if the 50% off rolls around
Yeah, I'm with you on this. The lack of a single update of a major instrument is a bummer, but I'd get it if there's a decent sale. The new MIDI controllers look pretty cool as well... might be fun to replace my Remote 61 with one... though I've got to admit I really am pretty set when it comes to gear.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:curious to know what NI normally do at this time of year.
I considered this too. Seems like their best prices hit within days prior and just after Xmas. But it wasn't across the board and mainly the regulars on separate instruments and Maschine Expansions.

Anyway, rather than getting it lost in the barrage of sales, I opted to get a store I had a credit with match the in cart intro price from the better and more regular discounters. (Unfortunately in my same state, so physical shipments get taxed and ship killing all discounts). I've prepared myself for it not being the best deal coming up, but adequate enough to not be concerned with the difference. When all was said and done, my upgrade to K10 Ultimate only got another $245.00. Not the best, but I can live with that. Especially knowing I was about to forget all about the credit.

BTW, the same thing happened with Superior Drummer w NY collection. Had a store credit I was having problems remembering I had and they had a superior deal on it, so I grabbed it and got my books clear for anything upcoming.

I'm always watchful for certain 3rd party Kontakt libraries, but can't really tell you which ones.
Vir2 and SonicCouture I always keep an eye on though for BOGO and 50% off deals.
Same is true from certain sound developers. (Especially now that I finally became a Diva owner).

I think what I'm most watching for is something no-brainer from Pianoteq. Possibly also Real Guitar?
Hopefully a great BOGO from Best Service made better by JRR like last year will also be too hard to resist.

Usually Image Line has a Christmas promo. I'm trying to get Harmor on a good discount :hyper:
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Wusik 8000
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I'm waiting for the Black Friday 90% off deal on the DSI Pro 2.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:I'm waiting for the Black Friday 90% off deal on the DSI Pro 2.
Good luck on that! ;) I'd jump on that one too...I'm just afraid I'll be too old and shaky to properly synthesize when that deal finally happens.

Nielzie wrote:Wusik 8000
:lol: Isn't the whole bundle on for like $39.00 now?
I know, you should be able to just buy 8000 for $15.00 respectively then...

Nothing that I'm really dying to get right now, software-wise, but I'm sure there will be some offers that are too good to pass up. If Waves offers Codex at a no-brainer price, I'll probably jump on that, especially if WU or somebody has a further discount.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

NI. I want one or both of those Reverbs, but I'm a cheapskate, and I'm fairly positive there's a good chance they'll be discounted.

cryophonik wrote:Nothing that I'm really dying to get right now, software-wise, but I'm sure there will be some offers that are too good to pass up. If Waves offers Codex at a no-brainer price, I'll probably jump on that, especially if WU or somebody has a further discount.
Codex is currently 50% off at Pluginboutique.

I'm hoping that everyone will start giving away free Kontakt libraries. Barring that I'm holding out for 75% discounts or better. I think it's going to be a lean year.
Ooh! Maybe half-price on the BFD 3 upgrade. I'd probably buy that.

Return to “Instruments”