Novation Zero SL MK2

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am trying to get this to work with Tracktion 5. I can control VST and basic transport controls, but I cant get the faders to control track volumes etc to help me mix.

Has anyone got this working, or has a template for Tracktion 5/4, any help would be really appreciated, it seems a great control surface, just cant get it to play well with Tracktion

Thanks

Neil

Hiya,

I don't have one, but can it do Mackie MCU emulation? I used to have a BCF2000, and the best way to get that working, back in the day, with Tracktion, was to get it to emulate a Mackie MCU. So you got controller feedback, if you moved a volume fader in the software, that kind of thing, the hardware fader would move.

No idea if the Novation can do that, but if it has some kind of "MCU mode", you'd presumably select the Mackie MCU under settings / control surfaces, and play about from there

Does it literally not work if you try to create a new template map in that settings section for the Novation, and then Edit Controller Mappings, click a parameter of Track / Volume / Track 1, then click to choose that controller, and move your first fader? Assume you've already tried that, and it doesn't work?

Cheers,
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Im in the hospital recovering from major surgery currently but I use ZERO mk1 and it works with the faders etc. We'll talk after I get home?

ROnC

Hi,

Firstly I hope that you are recovering well, and everything is going okay, its very kind of you to answer the forum.. Would be very grateful for any help you can give, once you are well and back on your feet.

Thanks for the very kind offer of support...

Neil

Ok neil im back yeah just go to control surfaces and choose the zero inputs and outputs. It will work depending on the combo i did mine by trial and error.

Return to “Tracktion”