Consolidate doesn't work

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

My first post yeehaa.

So:the consolidate function doesn't work. Neither if I choose the context menu nor when I use the shortcut ctrl+J. Does someone have the same problem?

I'm on windows 7. Thanks.

works fine here on win8.1....

FortunOfficial wrote:Hello all,

My first post yeehaa.

So:the consolidate function doesn't work. Neither if I choose the context menu nor when I use the shortcut ctrl+J. Does someone have the same problem?

I'm on windows 7. Thanks.
seems to be working fine on my machine (win 8.1). What are you trying to consolidate?

Hey,
thanks for the reply. It's nothing special. Just a normal clip in the arrangement view... really weird... :?

Audio or Note clip?
In both cases:
Consolidating a single clip will do nothing of course! You can only consolidate multiple clips into one.
I assume that you want to merge the audio events of an audio clip into one audio event. To achieve this try out the 'bounce in place' option! (Right click on the clip -> bounce in place OR: select the clip-> press CTRL+B )

Hope that helps ;) (If yes, please rename the topic.)

u-u-u wrote:Audio or Note clip?
In both cases:
Consolidating a single clip will do nothing of course!
... unless you have set a loop brace and want to permanently erase notes/audio either side of it?

This is very useful, at least for me :)

taoyoyo wrote:
u-u-u wrote:Audio or Note clip?
In both cases:
Consolidating a single clip will do nothing of course!
... unless you have set a loop brace and want to permanently erase notes/audio either side of it?

This is very useful, at least for me :)
Oh yes, forgot about this. :dog: :tu:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Well e.g. I have a snare sample and wanna loop it quickly. So I want the sample + the rest of 1 bar (there is no clip) to merge together and then loop it. Why doesn't that work? U understand?

Ok, now I understand what you want to do. Actually tried it.
Yes it is a little strange but you have to use the 'Time Selection Tool' (press the '2' key on your keyboard) to select the time range, you want to merge and loop. I hope that this will will work ;)

"Why can't I just use the normal 'Object selection Tool'?" I shortly thought about that question. My explanation is: When working with multiple clips it makes sense because then you definitely have different consolidation behaviours for both the Object and the Time Selcetion Tool. (Just try it out with multiple clips)

Have time selection tool. like u-u-u said.
It works i have tried. There is one problem it will be like split on onset inside the clip. But press ctrl+B (bounce)
will make it like one clip after consilidating:)

Note: be sure to have capslock deactivated, you wont be able to use the shortcuts otherwise.
Good luck:)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

ronnyrydgren wrote:There is one problem it will be like split on onset inside the clip. But press ctrl+B (bounce)
will make it like one clip after consilidating:)
How do you mean that??? It doesn't split anything (at least on my computer) inside the clip. You mean that it contains the audio events? If you mean that - I see it rather as a feature than a problem. :?:

Hey, cool I will try that. Will let you know if it worked. I still use the demo version, but when I find out that these tiny things work smoothly I will directly switch :)

Return to “Bitwig”