iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Most definitely! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

aha... that one came very silently! didn't even know v2 was on its way.

not sure if I should pay 100 bucks for the upgrade. must check it out. izotope has its ways with "up"grades ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

PS: I wonder if I can use my commercial Iris1-sound banks also in v2

At least they seem to realize that creatives don't have the same budgets as Mastering & Post production facilities... :hihi:

Looks like a nice upgrade. Custom filters based on spectral selections sounds like a novel and powerful idea.

deft_bonz wrote:Here's the answer to that!

https://www.izotope.com/support/kb/inde ... nto_Iris_2
Sounds like a lot of work for Simon if he decides to port any of his massive work for Iris 1... Conversion utility?

Flew thru the manual and the videos... this time it seems like REAL BANG FOR BUCKS.

Much better, iZotope, MUCH better ;)

Of course they messed this up again, all version 2s/3s/4s/5s they release are not compatible with v1, see Ozone, Trash and all the others.
It will cot me weeks to upgrade 400+ Iris patches to v2, if I decide to do so. Actually I'm done with iZotope, but I love Iris and RX so I don't really know what to do right now. Sleep over it...

So we now have 4 sample oscillators, we have a much expanded modulation system with now 5 LFOs (are they polyphonic, uni/bipolar), we have more filter types, enhanced FX and more envelopes. We don't have a timestretch update, so I guess it's the old CPU-hungry RADIUS RT-mode which only preserves the original tempo but does not stretch (this was my biggest hope). 99 bucks for the upgrade seems cool.

Great to see this but the price for the upgrade is not very small for existing user :S
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Sampleconstruct wrote:Of course they messed this up again, all version 2s/3s/4s/5s they release are not compatible with v1, see Ozone, Trash and all the others.
Well that's a pain in the rear-end not to ensure backwards-compatibility. :?
Simon's are not the only 3rd party patches I have for Iris either.

EDIT: Time-stretch update was one of the most requested features too. How could they miss this? :dog:

EDIT 2: Different brushes would have been nice too.
Last edited by Ben H on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

What does this supposed to mean:
Iris 1 patches can be loaded in Iris 2, but because of all the new features in Iris 2, some parameters (like Modulation and sample locations) may need to be reassigned.
"may need to be", did they test this, could they be more clear, does it depend on the weather or the time-zone I live in?

Sampleconstruct wrote:What does this supposed to mean:
Iris 1 patches can be loaded in Iris 2, but because of all the new features in Iris 2, some parameters (like Modulation and sample locations) may need to be reassigned.
"may need to be", did they test this, could they be more clear, does it depend on the weather or the time-zone I live in?
Sounds to me like they are saying: "don't blame *us* if they don't sound the same and don't expect us to fix it either."

:shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Do you think also as me that the upgrade price after 11 december of 149 dollar is a lot to much.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Return to “Instruments”