Looking for full-time work. Sound design-related. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

I'm looking for full-time work as an actual employee for another company, either an in-house sound designer in the music industry, or a foley/sound effects artist in the film or game industries. I've contacted some of the synth developers I freelance for, but there are currently no positions open. Does anyone out there know someone I could contact who might have an actual _job_ available, or maybe point me in the right direction? If you're not comfortable posting on the forum, you could PM me or email me at Xenos77@frontier.com.

As many of you know, I run the online store Xenos Soundworks. I plan to keep the store as a part-time side venture and creative outlet, though I feel I would be much happier, less stressed, and more productive working for someone else full-time. My strength is in sound synthesis, sampling, foleys, field recording, mixing and mastering, NOT marketing, graphic design, sales, web design or songwriting. I feel that those weaknesses have caused my brand not to be taken very seriously by those not familiar with my work. As I am unable to afford the investments in graphic design, web design and MP3 demos that would present my products more palatably to new visitors, there isn't much I can do about it. I want to be able to focus mainly on what I am good at, without worrying about marketing, sales, product presentation, etc. I feel working as an employee for another company in a related field would accomplish that.

I have been running the online store for 5 years, having built it on my own from the ground up, and starting with absolutely nothing. I feel that that experience would help set me apart from other candidates as I would be better able to understand things from an employer's perspective, having a better understanding of what it actually takes to run a business. Everything I learned was largely self-taught, and I know that the ability to take initiative in such a way is a marketable skill that prospective employers look for. Sound design/sound effects is my passion and I want to be able to make a decent living doing that. My work has been used on 2 of Chris Brown's tunes, Ace Hood's "Luv Her", and others, which I am very proud of, but the financial rewards for my efforts over the last 5 years have been very modest. I feel it's time for me to take the next step and find full-time work in a job that will allow me to utilize my skills, while having the security and predictability of a regular paycheck.

If you are either a developer of synths or videogames, involved in the film industry, an established creator of samples and loops, or involved in another field that needs someone with my skills, please contact me. I would be willing to relocate, even overseas, if needed. If you happen to know someone I could contact, that would be extremely helpful as well. Thank you for reading :).
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Community theater. Start as volunteer and then grow.

a little old....but cant hurt to send a resume:

http://mandy.com/1/jobs3.cfm?v=61727964

unfortunately...that was the only listing on a site that pretty much only deals with the entertainment industry.
ImageImageImage

Volunteering sounds like a good start. I should hit up some independent, low-level game developers, as well as check in with the local university about volunteer opportunities. This will get things going on expanding my portfolio. Did some more digging and I see that learning FMOD and the Unreal Engine SDK will be majorly helpful in game sound design. I already have a basic familiarity with the Unreal Engine from back in the day making custom Deus Ex maps. Definitely a lot of fun. Gonna dedicate a good chunk of my spare time to this. After doing some more homework, I see that game developers want to see good integration skills and a good interactive demo. I started from the bottom in plugin sound design and am willing to start from the bottom all over again with game and film sound design.

In case anyone is wondering, I have ZERO plans for dropping Xenos Soundworks. It'll stay in business well after I'm an old man lol. I enjoy it too much to let it go, plus it's a project I can still do at the ripe old age of 90, assuming I still have my hearing at that age. I'm just ultimately looking for a legit, secure day job in sound design, be it for music, software, film or gaming. My online store would continue on as a supplementary venture as well as a personal creative outlet. My work in films/games would definitely inspire new ideas for preset banks :).
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”