LinnStrument Firmware Update v1.0.5 is available!

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Get it from http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/updating-software.html

These are the changes:
  • In the ASSIGN SWITCH settings (used to assign the function of either foot switch, Switch 1 or Switch 2), the assignment formerly applied to both splits when Split mode was on. Now it only applies only to the active split (the split selected in the Per-Split Settings, Preset, Volume or Octave/Tranpose screens) when Split mode is on. However, a new hidden setting has been called BOTH SPLITS, located directly above OCTAVE DN. If on, the selected assignment applies to both splits while Split mode is on, just like before version 105.
  • Double-tapping the Split button now switches to the opposite split, left or right. This is faster than selecting the active split in the Per-Split Settings, Preset, Volume or Octave/Transpose screens.
  • When Split mode is on, the Split button is now lit with the Main color of the active split. This makes it easier to see which split is active.
  • The Notes Off command (in Global Settings) is improved, It now sends All Notes Off (CC 123), All Sounds Off (CC 120), Sustain Off (CC 64 with value of 0), as well as individual Note Off messages for each note number on each channel in use. All of these are sent for all MIDI channels in use.
  • If MIDI Mode = One Channel, X- and Y-axis messages (and pressure movements if Channel Pressure is selected for pressure) were sent only from movements of the pressed note with the highest note number. Now they are sent from movements of the last-touched note.
  • Bug: Very slow pitch slides across note pads would have a small pitch jump at the transition. Fixed.
  • Bug: The Foot Right assignment affected the left foot switch and the Foot Left assignment affected the right foot foot switch. Fixed.
  • Bug: if Low Row was assigned to Bend, it didn't properly support multiple fingers for pitch-bend jumps. Fixed.
  • Bug: When Split mode was on and you play notes having the same note number on both splits, the Played light of one of these notes would stick on after the note was released. Fixed.
  • Bug: If a Reset was performed (in Global Settings, press Notes Off + Update OS simultaneously), the unique Calibration settings were erased, making the X- and Y-axis performance inaccurate. Fixed.
    http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/updating-software.html
Moog software - LinnStrument - RackBlox - CableCube - Knobotron - Eigenharp Alpha/Tau/Pico - SendMIDI / ReceiveMIDI - MIDI Tape Recorder - Geco MIDI Leap - Steelstring Guitar - Electric Guitar - Vocals - Dynamod Games - Kung-fu

This time installation was simple from my new MacBookPro. per-split features are welcome. Double-tap the split button to switch active split does not work reliably for me though. Maybe I just need to practice. I appreciate all the effort being made to make the many features of the LinnStrument as accessible as possible!

If you can tell me more about the double-tap problem you're having, I can try to reproduce it.

Sometimes I get
green-tap-dark-tap-blue, which is what I think is intended.
but sometimes:
green-tap-green-tap-dark,
green-tap-dark-tap-dark, or
green-tap-dark-tap-green.
There is a similar variety when I start with blue instead of green. It does not seem to me that I am varying the tapping much.

@ClifAnd2k When I tried to confirm your unexpected results, I occasionally had poor contact with the button (resulting in no tap registered) when literally tapping it from a distance of an inch or so away. However, if I place my finger lightly on the button before pressing down rather than strictly tapping the button, it seems completely reliable.

Maybe I just need more practice.

It's likely due to the 8 control buttons requiring more pressure than the 200 note pads. Double-tapping with a little more force should work OK.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”