FR:Install on \Program Files NOT \Program Files (x86)

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please make Bitwig Studio 1.1.2 install on Windows \Program Files NOT \Program Files (x86).
Thank you.

+1

Makes it look much newer :-)

You can try using this on command line for now, this *should* work....

msiexec /a "Bitwig Studio 1.1.msi" TARGETDIR="C:\Program Files\BitWig Studio" /qb

You might have to drop the "\BitWig Studio" part (it might install into c:\Program Files\Bitwig Studio\BitWig Studio otherwise ;) )

To be honest, I'd never noticed the installer not asking for an install directory!
Formally known as CnuTram.

The main application is 32bit. So their choice for the x86 folder is correct imho.
The audio engine itself will run in 64bit if possible.

c-wave wrote:Please make Bitwig Studio 1.1.2 install on Windows \Program Files NOT \Program Files (x86).
Thank you.
Why?

dom@bitwig wrote:
c-wave wrote:Please make Bitwig Studio 1.1.2 install on Windows \Program Files NOT \Program Files (x86).
Thank you.
Why?
Because I thought that is the right place for a 64-bit app. If mace404 is correct then this is news to me. Not that it's wrong; Just very surprising as a development choice.

Please make the (another) windows installer ask for admin privilege when running. The MSI does not install on my laptop because of lacking admin privilege. Can't right click and say: "Run as admin" on a MSI. So I always have to open an admin cmd and run installer from there... Should not install tooooo often, though testing 1.1 beta 1 ... 1.1 rc3 is very annoying...

JP

Or you could right click and pull up the properties dialog and set run as admin there I believe.

EDIT: I'm curious; is there an advantage to running the installer as admin?

Also, if you are the sole user of the machine, and you have NOT set up multiple user identities you are, by default, the admin of the machine.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Thanks dsan. Might be a bit off-topic but my win 7 pro installation is a bit "more secure" I guess. Don't know exactly how but most of apps do not ask for admin rights, so bitwig. On my first install BWS came up with "no local drive to install" or so... Took me a moment to realize that installer needs admin privilege. BWS itself does also need to run having admin privilege, without BWS starts showing logo screen and then dies silently. Here I did it over properties and "run as admin".

I will survive and make more music. :)

JP

Return to “Bitwig”