Need some advice on this song pls :)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, I am new to this forum..so hi! :) Yeah eh I've made a song a while ago and I am working on another project what is (In my opinion) better than this old one but I wanted some advice and some criticism on the old one. It is a electro house track I think don't know...Yeah eh what I have to say is that the compression and the mixing is pretty bad and the melody is also not that good but I wasn't that good at producing around that time xD Please give me some comments I can work with and not "Dude, that is shit" or sth. like that. I want a good review :) Thanks guys :) Here is the link https://soundcloud.com/the-lucky-one I just got one song on there and I am not sure about the name yet :/
Last edited by Bartname on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OK, good review :) Add more sub to kick. make guts quake. Sounds too conventional to be very nightmarish so anything snarly sounding should jump out. Think of it like stage where actors come and go. Use panning and dynamics/volume changes for that, like doppler effect. Blending in more delay at end of sound helps too. You use very many low dark sounds. Some high-pitched screechy disconcerting sounds will help. Sample chalk on blackboard sort of thing. Or actual scream, FXed. Hope this helps... :party:

This is exaclty what I wanted and needed :) Thank you so much! :)

Glad to be of some use. Keep musicking.

Return to “Music Cafe”