PSP N20 Thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/multimo ... s/psp_n2o/

Anyone own this or thinking about owning it? What are your thoughts on this?
:borg:

Demoed it and nope not for me. I like the concept though!
:borg:

I was thinking about and started watching their demo videos. I was halfway through the third video and still hadn't heard a single thing that it could do! I can't understand why people do that: talking constantly about features while the viewer stares at a static screen shot without actually hearing anything it can do!

But even based purely on description it seemed like there's nothing it can do that Fabfilter's Timeless II can't do better.

I'm considering getting this, it's pimped up Nitro, which I have already. Modulating modulators is cute, 'morphing' between filters is nice, but there's nothing quite new in operator folder, you are likely to have all these effects in better edition as separate effects, so maybe get something like MUX, patch them and there you have N4O... Still I'm undecided, but upgrade is $29, at $69 I would hesitate to pass on this.

I'm also interested in this one too, on the fence about it tho...

Have Nitro, never use it as it's a biaatch to program (sounds good, but I can do most of what happens in there via seperate plugins + Patcher). Had a look at a walkthrough for N20, more of the same. Nope nope nope... not even @ $29 upgrade.
Eternitysound VST Banks

I really liked it, it has a unique sound (very digital, in a good way, crisp and pristine), and the mod options make for some cool FX. BUT, I sold it because I really hated the interface, which is very much in the "emulated hardware style". I found it a pain to use vs. something like Turnado, for example, which is to me a shining example of good UI and workflow design.

I think software UI design should play to the strengths of software. YMMV. But just going by sound and versatility, you can't go wrong with N20.

It is a really quality sounding multi effect though, if you don't have Guitar Rig and are looking for Eventide type stuff..... This is it :)

Always a pleasure to play guitar through
Amazon: why not use an alternative

spirit wrote:But even based purely on description it seemed like there's nothing it can do that Fabfilter's Timeless II can't do better.
Yeah the description is deceiving. It has tons of more effects than timeless (distortion, comb filtering, phaser, chorus, pitchshifting, etc). Not to mention the routing is much more flexible as well. The fx are treated like operators in DX7. I'd say it's more comparable to MFM2, but still with more fx. I personally love it. Probably my favorite PSP plugin, followed by NobleQex.

-Sam

It's a really good little FX unit. It appears clunky at fist because of the old school controls - They aren't the most intuitive.

But it's capable of a lot of different FX and they are all pretty good.

Well woth $69 imo! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I have only good things to say about it when it comes to
sound quality, but as others have mentioned the GUI could
be a problem to some due to its relative small size.

I have used it in a couple of my tracks and it makes what I
feed into it sound more "professional" and thereby much easier
to place in the mix.

To me 69$ is a fair price for this very versatile tool.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

VariKusBrainZ wrote:It is a really quality sounding multi effect though, if you don't have Guitar Rig and are looking for Eventide type stuff..... This is it :)

Always a pleasure to play guitar through
Yeah, I love playing my guitars through it, too.

I'm really surprised by all the lukewarm and negative responses; it's a very high-quality, versatile plugin, and well worth $69.

Yeah, the GUI could use an overhaul, but it's a small price to pay for the results one can get from it, imo.

It's one of those effects that just feel-sound right.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

IMHO the N2O sound is quite musical and usable in different types of songs.
Its a matter of taste. Not that many plugins out there have as many effects, just Camel Space and Molekular I know of.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

I just finished demo'ing it after seeing it was on sale. It's pretty good but the the GUI is a bit rubbish, really fiddly and difficult to read. Not for me. I actually think you'd do a lot better with NI Guitar Rig if you want a Multi FX plugin with flexible modulation.

Love this plugin.You can modulate the matrix. Interface is way small though and needs scaling.

Return to “Effects”