Bitwig 1.1.1 - Ctrz-Z undo "recording" not available for undoing a bad audio take

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm recording audio lane - guitar...

it's a bad take. I stop my recording and want to "undo" or delete my bad take - I thought logically Ctrl-Z would allow "undo recording" e.g step backward... but it's not available... I have to put my guitar down, click on the take, manually delete it... i guess backspace key...

i dunno if it's designed to be this way?

should ctrl-z allow me to "step back"

is this the way to post bugs? i looked on the support section of bitwig.com and don't see a link for reporting bugs/contacting tech support cheers

thanks Suloo - I re-created my query and submitted - much thanks. I knew I had seen a link for tech support somewhere...

btw, I really like the feature allowing to Open the Containing folder thru the right-click contextual menu on an audio clip - I can instantly delete my bad takes (since they're numbered sequentially) and my project is less cluttered. My file only holds the takes I want to keep.

Cheers.

Great product. I am really enjoying working in Bitwig 1.1.1.

Unless I'm not following, it works here win7x64

Ctl-z works fine for me too. Windows 8.1 x64.

I'll bring up, is it possible that it's an older project made with a previous version? I've had some bizarre issues with projects I started in 1.0.15.

i'm back in the project today and recording midi allows for ctrl-z to undo the recording - so maybe it was something happening yesterday when I had my guitar rig and amplitube going - I notice amplitube doesn't behave the same way in bitwig as guitar rig - if I tweak a parameter in guitar rig for instance, bitwig recognizes the plugin state has changed, and prompts with an asterisk beside the file name to re-save the file...

i can tweak all the parameters i want in amplitube - and i never get an asterisk. although, the plug in state is indeed saved, since when i come back into the project later, the parameters are the way i left them... i don't have to re-tweak them...

i can't investigate more thoroughly until about 12 hrs from now - i'll report back - in the interim, thanks everyone for your help!

cheers!

Return to “Bitwig”