Microtonal Freedom.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Firstly, thank you for creating the base for a revolutionary approach in creating harmonies.

I would like to know, if it will be possible to tune our synths according to Microtonal Scale tuning?

You have here, the first time in the Music making history, the opportunity to break out of a Pre-Set Scale.

Let Me Explain The Revolution.

What could be done with Bitwig > Is a tool that all the musicians of the past had wished to have.

A tool that would Tune all the Adjacent notes in a Chord, Based on the Base-note of the Chord.

We would need 2 things for this to happen properly:

a) Ability to Apply a Microtonal Scale of our liking and then,
b) Ability for Bitwig to Caclulate the correct harmonies in the Fly for the chord that is being played.

Bitwig could be the first thing in the Known MusicMaking History, to break the riddle, and solve the equations that all Composers of the Past and Present have been battling with....

How to make all notes that are played, work in harmony with eachother.

No more need for compromising anything,

BitWig could do the calculations of the 2:3 's and 3:4 'ths on the Fly for the Musician.

( Trust me, It Would Be The Invention of the Ages.... ~true harmony machine ~ become reality )

NutShell:

An algorithm ( or set of devices that do the following )
Apply a preset Algorithm of Microtuning ( = Scale ) to the Chords that are being played, based on one of the notes. For example, if the lowest note of the Chord is D#, the algorithm, would simply calculate the proper deviations for the rest of the notes, and produce perfect 3rd's and 5th's etc on the fly, for Any Chord, in Any Scale.

The importance for us to be able to tell BitWig, Which note is the root note from which all the relations for other notes are calculated is huge.

Now I Do not understand how to make all these calculations.

But what i do understand, this is the holy grail that Bach, Kirnberger, Thomas Young, Pythagoras and the Inventors of Equal Temperament aswell, have all been looking for.

A Tool

That is able to Tune all the Notes On The Fly, as the Person Is Playing.

and

A Tool that is able to tune the notes in a given chord, pertaining to a Given Root Note.

This is Big

Thank you for your time reading, and i hope this assists

I feel like Bitwig has some of the most intelligent users.

Megamez wrote:I feel like Bitwig has some of the most intelligent users.
Thank you for your kind words

Do you mean something like hermode tuning? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHIA-DM3 ... e=youtu.be - german but english subtitles)

But of course with the BWS modular system (opened to the users in version 2.0) we might be able to go much further.

These are examples of a berlin based saxophonist called hayden chisholm. He's making extended use of microtonal chords within his work. A more traditional composer working with microtonal aproaches would be Gérard Grisey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NvVIXu-12Y

yea, hermode tuning actualy already is available in other hosts, so wouldn`t be that ground breaking but for sure worth it. It`s already sent to tech support and there recently has been a change for a sysex message wich might let us do this in the controler api..if the desired plugin supports this and that.

Yes, Hermode tuning would be great to have. I have been using it a lot with Logic and it really shines for chordal music.
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

Yes please

2 great videos...thanks

Return to “Bitwig”