i just can't find one gibson....

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi dudes....

please, i'am trying to get full sustained guitar sound, for i think is best p-90 pick-ups..

and a les paul is good for best feeling picks - dunlop triangle.... so - playing fast using a pick-up selector....

so, i'am needing a standard les paul with that pick-ups:))

please, exist that gibson les paul?(i'am thinking anywhere)

thank you:)))
trust analog.... (owner of digital)

Try Les Paul Standard Gold Top or Les Paul Goddess... ;-)

Yes, and assuming you're not looking for a vintage Les Paul, you can get a Les Paul Melody Maker for around $500. If you don't care that it's an Epiphone, you can get the equivalent of a 56 Les Paul for around $500 also.

If you just care about the mass of wood, then you can get an Epiphone Les Paul Special P-90 for around $130.

psychoxkps wrote: please, i'am trying to get full sustained guitar sound, for i think is best p-90 pick-ups..
If I read you right Psycho - I can tell you that p90 is not as "full" sounding as is a traditional humbucking-equiped Paul.
p90s sound "bright" and "snappy", almost "Fender-ish".

to me; best of both worlds would be coil-tapped humbuckers set in the heaviest Les Paul I could stand to hold

best of luck
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Your amp influences sustain as much or even more as the pickups and the wood.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Mister Natural wrote:
psychoxkps wrote: please, i'am trying to get full sustained guitar sound, for i think is best p-90 pick-ups..
If I read you right Psycho - I can tell you that p90 is not as "full" sounding as is a traditional humbucking-equiped Paul.

to me; best of both worlds would be coil-tapped humbuckers set in the heaviest Les Paul I could stand to hold
The other option would be to fit Seymour Duncan P-Rails. They need a 3 way switch fitted too, but they are a humbucker that splits to either a single coil or a P-90.

Gibson BFG comes standard with a P90 in the neck.
This one be mine...and it sounds much nicer than my 2007 Custom Classic with 57 burstbuckers.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

robojam wrote:
Mister Natural wrote:

The other option would be to fit Seymour Duncan P-Rails. They need a 3 way switch fitted too, but they are a humbucker that splits to either a single coil or a P-90.
Have you played a guitar fitted with these? I am interested in them but wonder how well they cover the three bases.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

I haven't, but they get good reviews for the P-90 and humbucker sounds, with the single coil being described as not particularly interesting. I've heard them on a video, and they sound good.

robojam wrote:I haven't, but they get good reviews for the P-90 and humbucker sounds, with the single coil being described as not particularly interesting. I've heard them on a video, and they sound good.
Thanks for the info - I'm quite partial to P-90 sounds.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

werp wrote:Gibson BFG comes standard with a P90 in the neck.
This one be mine...and it sounds much nicer than my 2007 Custom Classic with 57 burstbuckers.
Stunning guitar.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

egbert wrote:
robojam wrote:I haven't, but they get good reviews for the P-90 and humbucker sounds, with the single coil being described as not particularly interesting. I've heard them on a video, and they sound good.
Thanks for the info - I'm quite partial to P-90 sounds.
I am probably going to swap out pickups on a guitar sometime in the near future, and I think I'll put one of these in the neck position (along with some routing for a switch).

see if you can find a yamaha sg200 maybe. through neck, not bolt-on.
was a fine guitar, that.

or if you want cheap gratification, a washburn! (waiting for a load of
beer bottles to land on my head..)

hi, thanks all for input:))
Turello wrote:Try Les Paul Standard Gold Top or Les Paul Goddess... ;-)
i know about '56 vintage gold top - its probably best guitar for me but 4000€? i will never have 4000€.... and goddess? i can't find something specific about this guitar.... please, can't you post some link?

thank you if you can:)))
robojam wrote:Yes, and assuming you're not looking for a vintage Les Paul, you can get a Les Paul Melody Maker for around $500. If you don't care that it's an Epiphone, you can get the equivalent of a 56 Les Paul for around $500 also.

If you just care about the mass of wood, then you can get an Epiphone Les Paul Special P-90 for around $130.
yes, i prefer vintage style guitar, robojam.... i like welded knobs, pretty and no-screwing running machine but iam needing guitar which longs something.. i think i have for something more than a replica of some famous guitar like 56 gold top.. don't insult....
Mister Natural wrote:If I read you right Psycho - I can tell you that p90 is not as "full" sounding as is a traditional humbucking-equiped Paul.
hi, mister natural.... i want p-90 main in case of most universal sound(mids - which you can widen or narrow) for a special amp - native instruments guitar rig where you have around hundred boxes and amps in piece....
dude, nowadays i still have gibson studio for around thousand and its humbucker guitar so i need to compress highs and add little distortion - i for that using marshall jh-1 distortion/overdrive and ed-1 compressor but your box is probably best for manipulating with attack and sustain phase which is probably unuseful with me but with a combo it for just a little cheaper guitar a must.. i know about this box and need to try one day....

again sending thanks to all of you and just praying to gibson release some midrange and mid frequency les paul:D

thank you....
trust analog.... (owner of digital)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”