I Believe in Wires - Modular synth music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

This is my new track, which was entirely produced using my Eurorack modular synth, and its friends, the Microzwerg and Minibrute, which were all wired together in one horribly complicated patch for this track.

Let me know what you think :)

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-b-1/i-believe-in-wires

Bump.....

Reminds me strangely of something Ray Lynch would do if he messed with stuff any more. Everything very clean in this, I really liked it, even if it isn't my main kind of thing I tend to produce or listen to. That glassy main lead sound is really catchy

Sounds great! Was this all recorded live in one pass? I tend to use my Eurorack for tracking layers in multiple passes into my DAW. Its just way too much of a PITA for me to work up one giant patch with multiple parts to record all in one go. Hats off to you for having the perseverance to pull it off!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:Sounds great! Was this all recorded live in one pass? I tend to use my Eurorack for tracking layers in multiple passes into my DAW. Its just way too much of a PITA for me to work up one giant patch with multiple parts to record all in one go. Hats off to you for having the perseverance to pull it off!

No, it wasn't all recorded in one pass. My modular isn't big enough for that. In any case, I don't really work that way; every part gets its own track and individual processing.

D.

Good to see that your hardware synths are getting friendly with each other. Great sounds on here and the tune is very jolly. It reminded me of some of the early VC bands. Very enjoyable.

Good work :)

D.

Very cool. I get a real positive feeling from it. I was going to say 'well done' but I think I'll finish by saying 'thank you' instead. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I really like this track. I much prefer melodic modular to the more 'random' style, and this brings it all together beautifully... I'm off to listen through your others now :tu:

Thanks everyone...

D.

Very enjoyable bright, lively piece. Fun :phones:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Inspiring! And you need to post pics of the setup :x :D (or is that against the rules? )

Thanks!

This is it, FWIW. It's still quite small, as you can see. I am planning a second row of modules now. The Microzwerg and Minibrute are integrated into the system, essentially acting as extra modules.

The clever part in this track was syncronizing the Pittsburgh Modular sequencer to Midi, via the Minibrutes arp and the Makenoise Maths. That's how I made the spangly sound in the background.

Awesome!

Return to “Music Cafe”