[Help] Sylenth1,some sounds i want to make!

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have used Synth1 alots,but now i'm moving to use Sylenth1...4 osc,more voices,high quality filters built-in... are really cool!
(synth1 only has 2osc,max 32 voices...)
i have a bank made by myself in Synth1,but now i want to make the same for Sylenth1...
but everything is totally different in Sylenth1,it's hard for me to bring my synth1 parameters and apply to sylenth1,because it doesn't work!!
while my synth knowledge is pretty limited (noob)....most time i made patches by tweaking random knobs,settings....

can anyone help me to convert some of my synth1 sound patches to Sylenth1....
=> your help is highly appreciated,please :pray: !

first is this sharp hit brass....
second is this fake soft-choir sound...
and final is this bird-like sound

.......ah,you can check my synth1 bank on my signature....i really need you help! thank you!
My new synth1 bank "Star-nam"

available on kvraudio! Grap it!

Sylenth1 and Synth1 are two different plugins.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

He wants to recreate the shown patches in Sylenth1.

Would be good to know how exactly they differ, preferrable with sound examples of the preset in Synth1, and then in Sylenth1. But of course, with the same parameters, they will sound differently. The components of the synths are all different.

yes,guy! I wants to recreate the shown patches in Sylenth1.
i just bought Sylenth1 last week! everything on this synth is pretty new to me!
only things i feel familiar are OSC panel,ADSR.

example:...envelope panel of sylenth1 require different specific settings to enable&work than one of synth1
- pitch knobs on synth1 equal something on sylenth1?? octave??
- voice panels with knobs,boxs on synth1 equal something on sylenth1???!!

look like it will take alot of time to find out!
but it will be faster with your helps! :) (i really need to recreate those sounds fast)

Pitch = Note in the oscillator section in Sylenth1. Voice -> Poly = Polyphony in Sylenth1. Unison and Num(ber) = Voices in the osc section in Sylenth1. I guess the unison works a bit differently, as in Sylenth1, the single oscillators can be set to unison, while in Synth1, you have a global unison, which affects everything, not just the single oscillators. You can do unison on oscillator 1 in Synth1 too though, with the det(une) knob in the oscillator 1 part.

chk071 wrote:Pitch = Note in the oscillator section in Sylenth1. Voice -> Poly = Polyphony in Sylenth1. Unison and Num(ber) = Voices in the osc section in Sylenth1. I guess the unison works a bit differently, as in Sylenth1, the single oscillators can be set to unison, while in Synth1, you have a global unison, which affects everything, not just the single oscillators. You can do unison on oscillator 1 in Synth1 too though, with the det(une) knob in the oscillator 1 part.
thank you for useful infomations,i feel i understand a bit

how nice that each osc has own unison! :)

if you have time,please help me for those sounds i posted! thanks!

the first sound is brass,on synth1 ,this brass is a light brass,with decent detuned amount,3 voice unison...
i made this brass sharper and stabbier by using filter envelope,the Decay knobs is key

something i can do the same on sylenth?! now i'm aiming for Env 1 & Env 2 panel but still no clue

Unfortunately, i don't own Sylenth, so i could only use the demo, which gives a demo voice every 15 seconds or so, which makes it really hard to use. I'm sure there are people who can help you with these sounds though.

chk071 wrote:Unfortunately, i don't own Sylenth, so i could only use the demo, which gives a demo voice every 15 seconds or so, which makes it really hard to use. I'm sure there are people who can help you with these sounds though.
no problem,i better do something while waiting! :)

Any chance you could upload audio clips of the patches from synth1?

Just upload like a 2 bar long file of each patch playing in c. That way I could try replicate them closer

LexiDSP wrote:Any chance you could upload audio clips of the patches from synth1?

Just upload like a 2 bar long file of each patch playing in c. That way I could try replicate them closer
thanks for your help! :)
here are samples

https://app.box.com/s/t2kw9ra228foc0rmguzo

hmm..i wonder if any sylenth1 soundbank have patches close to those sounds above....so that can i based on and do tweaking easier...

most sylenth1 soundbank aren't free,too bad!

i used to think compression can make sound stabbier..but not really!

apply a low cutoff A or AB to Env 1,turn up mod a bit ,apply some decay for basic stab sounds

30 & 31 in factory bank are nice stab sounds study the envelope on those

you might find this helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW49Z_wSHjA

thanks! and helpful video! look like it will take time :) .....i will do studying with this video later!

meanwhile...

can you help me recreate those 3 sounds i posted above?
maybe with patch file or picture you make will help me understand alots

i really need to make those sounds fast!

finally, i have figured out how to recreating the first sound

use all saw wave on all osc,fast attack
set filter to high pass....

and then adding a small amount of fast attack,low decay pitch envelop to give staby feel on sound!

A side and B side together!

here is patch result! :)
https://app.box.com/s/y76s0pvmoh3axai0vjri

Return to “Sound Design”