Blue Cat's Gain Suite BUG in Studio One

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, i'm currently running studio one and i'm having problems automating Blue Cat's Gain Stereo and Duo gain knobs. For some reason, studio one isn't able to detect the gain knob as parameter when I click on it. The bypass button is detectable but the gain knob isn't in both Stereo and Duo plugins.

also, is it also possible to implement a negative infinity/mute setting? so if you turn the volume knob pass -60.00 db, it mutes the signal (negative infinity db)?

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. I think this is an issue with the way Studio One handles automation. There is a similar issue with Ableton Live.

This probably is due to the fact that the gain plug-ins use a separate thread to handle automation in order to be able to share settings between instance. Some hosts will actually ignore automation that comes from non-GUI threads. We are looking at ways to handle these cases too, but this is definitely a host issue.

Mute would indeed be a nice addition in the future, it is already in the todo list :-)

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. I think this is an issue with the way Studio One handles automation. There is a similar issue with Ableton Live.

This probably is due to the fact that the gain plug-ins use a separate thread to handle automation in order to be able to share settings between instance. Some hosts will actually ignore automation that comes from non-GUI threads. We are looking at ways to handle these cases too, but this is definitely a host issue.

Mute would indeed be a nice addition in the future, it is already in the todo list :-)

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Hi,

ah, I see. I wonder if Presonus knows about this issue. I'm glad you guys are aware of it :)

It is actually not sure it is exactly this issue (we have identified it in Ableton Live), but it really looks similar!

Blue Cat Audio wrote:It is actually not sure it is exactly this issue (we have identified it in Ableton Live), but it really looks similar!
Why couldn't you program the gain knobs like the knobs in any other blue cat's plugin? Because the knobs in your other plugins are automatable in studio one. It's just the gain plugins. Just curious. :P

It is just because of the multiple instances grouping options that require special parameters handling. It works in most hosts, but some are doing special thread checking, which cause the bug you are mentioning. :-(

Blue Cat Audio wrote:It is just because of the multiple instances grouping options that require special parameters handling. It works in most hosts, but some are doing special thread checking, which cause the bug you are mentioning. :-(
ah I see, anyways, I just want to thank you guys for the free plugin suite. It works great in fl studio, just wished it would fully work in studio one. Hope you guys can solve the bug! :D

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”