VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seems to mean anything from 6 months to 2 years now :(

devs need to ditch the "coming soon" phrase

emef wrote:
devs need to ditch the "coming soon" phrase
Not if they're coming soon though.

it's the new ''we haven't got a clue, as it's far from being ready''... you have to admit it sounds more professional tho...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

I don't know.... I only use "coming soon" when something is at most a few days away from completion, otherwise I use "coming next" for indeterminate projects....

Coming some any time soon... :shrug:

or .. Coming Not Soon ! :wink:

I've made a few purchases on 'coming soon' before. I'd not do it again unless it was a dev like U-he.

Other then that,t I'd say to a dev, my moneys coming soon too. ;)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Real Soon...Now. :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Example: ReaktorTips.com Vectorspace:
http://www.reaktortips.com/2014/08/comi ... space.html

"Here's a tease of something that will be out within the next couple of weeks: Vectorspace" - posted August 29th 2014.

Still nowhere to be seen and dev is incommunicative.

I agree with the OP. If you're not ready to release it soon, don't f*cking announce that it's coming soon :x
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Check out this:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=341953

its nearly three years now, and now it shows:
It's looking likely that I'll have a beta by the end of this year or thereabouts, and then aim for a 1.0 release for some point in early 2015.

thereabouts is the new soon?

Bitwig, anyone?

ImpOSCar2, anyone?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Coders experience time differently to us mere mortals :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

trimph1 wrote:Bitwig, anyone?

ImpOSCar2, anyone?
SKnote anyone?
Oh wait... obviously just me.

Great article.
Misses just one other comment Blizzard made: "It's out, as soon as it's out". :hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Sendy wrote:Coders experience time differently to us mere mortals :hihi:
I would even say it is impossible to say when something is "done".

And of course "Coming soon" is something to make people hot. I'm pretty sure the same people complaining about stuff like that would be the people complaining about when something is released without any form of announcement. Which of course won't happen, because there's always a "leak". Why? Because it serves the exact horniness which is served by a "Coming soon" announcement. So, if you want to criticize anything, then criticize or check yourself.

Return to “Instruments”