Magix Samplitude Pro X2 Released !

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Magix Samplitude Pro X2 is out !

http://pro.magix.com/en/samplitude/overview.459.html

Nice new features, but
Magix still don`t want to shake hands with former frustrated Samplitude Pro 11 users:
(was a long discussion on their board)
discounted upgrade price (33% off) is $443 in EU for Pro X2 Suite ...
thats hyper-lunatic and the main reason to never look back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSNMnsKKwUg
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Awww, the trial download on their site is still for X1. Anyone have a link for this version?

The upgrade pricing looks "erratic" - to put it mildly.
It looks like they are desparately trying to get back "old" users, as upgrading from ancient versions is much more attractive than for recent versions.
And "10% discount!!!!" to upgrade for "early adopters" after all the frustration with ProX is a joke.

ProX was Sam11 in 64bit with some questionable windows docking.
ProX2 is ProX with Vst3.
More than 200 Euros is a little bit steep for that.

G.

I always like the people working at Magix, always trying to help.

But their maintenance plans are horrific, and now that ProX2 arrived, ProX is probably worth buying.

This is a joke. They picked the regular Samplitude, called it Pro, and screwed the old Pro users when they added the "X" thing. And this "new version" is laughable. They want € 199,00 (plus VAT, which means € 245,00) for the regular "Pro" (which is not Pro) version, and an outrageous € 299,00 plus VAT (which means € 368,00) for the Suite version. And all that for what? A new synth and VST3 support, plus a few GUI enhancements. These guys totally lost their mind. Good luck with that.
Fernando (FMR)

Nobody seems to make a big deal over VCA Faders?

So that is what Cubase Pro 8 also introduced now.

Don't know about Samplitude, but I heard some raging over VCA's at Cockos forum that Sequoia is very well implemented regarding this.

All these VCA threads at Cockos bumped up again when C8 came with this added.

Things that I appreciate:

More outs - easy to add phones and monitors as outs, as I understand it.
Breeze in Reaper, but not in every daw.

Customizable toolbars - I miss that in a number of daws.

And a bit curious about:

Routing options added for plugins - maybe as flexible as Reaper to route passed some on one channel and through on others..

They used to have pretty good crossgrade offers for competing products. Those interested should email them and ask. I got an offer 5-6 years ago but did not take it - almost 50% as I recall.

fmr wrote:This is a joke. They picked the regular Samplitude, called it Pro, and screwed the old Pro users when they added the "X" thing. And this "new version" is laughable. They want € 199,00 (plus VAT, which means € 245,00) for the regular "Pro" (which is not Pro) version, and an outrageous € 299,00 plus VAT (which means € 368,00) for the Suite version. And all that for what? A new synth and VST3 support, plus a few GUI enhancements. These guys totally lost their mind. Good luck with that.

you still cant wait to bash samplitude can you...you are dead wrong...samplitude Pro X was samplitude Pro 12 without the "suite" and and they split up Pro X to be Pro X and Pro X suite. Of course you know because you have made a big deal about it several times. Then people were angry because they didn't expect that two tier system and just so you know many long time users do not want what's in the suite. So they lowered the price from 1000 usd to 499 for pro x without the suite and with the suite it sayed at 1000 usd, however people wwho had the suite would have lost is at the pro x price (not pro x suite).

After an uproar they gave people the same upgrade price for everyone...that was like sept of 2011 as I recall...no one got screwed and you and I have had this conversation before. They did not make regular samplitude pro x...there is no such thing as regular samplitude. Samplitude Pro-x was THE EXACT SAME THING AS SAMP PRO 12 WOULD HAVE BEEN WITHOUT THE MODELING SUITE, INDEPENDENCE, AND VANDAL. What they did is to cut the price of Samplitude Pro in half which is a good thing for people who use other FX/DP and samplers...that's a good thing.

Now they have stayed with the two tier system and here it is 229 usd for Pro X (which would be the exact same thing is Samplitude 13 pro, the only difference is no suite) and 299 usd for the upgrade to Pro X 2 suite from Pro X suite (649 usd from pro x 1 to pro x 2 suite which is logical, this is the point where they upset users last time because people would have paid twice for the suite but those who took Pro X suite at the same price got the suite last time...they lose nothing this time and this was expected as people who bought samp Pro and pro x suite paid a different price (499/999 usd) which as I understand has new instruments in it. Oh btw, another thing you left out was there s a limited time discount of 33% until Jan 15th. Magix handle this quite well imo.

There is nothing erratic there except for someone who looks to attack Magix at every chance he can and the funny thing is I knew you would be right there doing exactly what you did...great, you dont like Samp... we get it...I do and if that's a problem to you I really do not care at all...but stop spreading bull and get over it already. :roll:

With that said, as I suspected there isn't anything on the list of upgrades that I cant live without so I wont be taking advantage of the discount. :)

http://pro.magix.com/en/samplitude/buy- ... .2215.html

edit: the above link is the price schedule, this s the "what's new"

http://pro.magix.com/en/samplitude/whats-new.2187.html
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
fmr wrote:This is a joke. They picked the regular Samplitude, called it Pro, and screwed the old Pro users when they added the "X" thing. And this "new version" is laughable. They want € 199,00 (plus VAT, which means € 245,00) for the regular "Pro" (which is not Pro) version, and an outrageous € 299,00 plus VAT (which means € 368,00) for the Suite version. And all that for what? A new synth and VST3 support, plus a few GUI enhancements. These guys totally lost their mind. Good luck with that.

you still cant wait to bash samplitude can you...you are dead wrong...samplitude Pro X was samplitude Pro 12 without the "suite" and and they split up Pro X to be Pro X and Pro X suite. Of course you know because you have made a big deal about it several times. Then people were angry because they didn't expect that two tier system and just so you know many long time users do not want what's in the suite. So they lowered the price from 1000 usd to 499 for pro x without the suite and with the suite it sayed at 1000 usd, however people who had the suite would have lost is at the pro x price (not pro x suite).
That's not the whole story, as you and I know it. Never mind, they will get screwed, anyway, and well deservedly so. You said it yourself: there's nothing in this "upgrade" people who has previous version can't live without. And the prices asked are completely silly, by nowadays standards. Just compare these with the prices asked by Steinberg for Cubase 8.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Hink wrote:

you still cant wait to bash samplitude can you...you are dead wrong...samplitude Pro X was samplitude Pro 12 without the "suite" and and they split up Pro X to be Pro X and Pro X suite. Of course you know because you have made a big deal about it several times. Then people were angry because they didn't expect that two tier system and just so you know many long time users do not want what's in the suite. So they lowered the price from 1000 usd to 499 for pro x without the suite and with the suite it sayed at 1000 usd, however people who had the suite would have lost is at the pro x price (not pro x suite).
That's not the whole story, as you and I know it. Never mind, they will get screwed, anyway, and well deservedly so. You said it yourself: there's nothing in this "upgrade" people who has previous version can't live without. And the prices asked are completely silly, by nowadays standards. Just compare these with the prices asked by Steinberg for Cubase 8.
That is the whole story and your leaving out many other things in this new upgrade is proof that you had your mind made up before it was released (like zplane, I already have it so I dont need it). As for nothing in this upgrade being something people can't live without speaks volumes. I agree, for me...but I dont think I have the right to speak for others as you seem to think you do.

It's plain and simple, you have a chip on your shoulder, you have for a long time and you now have demonstrated 100% that even without checking things out, not even giving it 24 hours before you bash it, that you are a hater.

The truth is I feel sorry for you, you should just move on...you know live and let live, but you cannot, what a burden you must carry with all that hate in you. IMHO you would do yourself a favor and just move on. I understand not caring for a company, but just waiting to jump on them and doing so with lies every chance you get is pathetic. You're were right about one thing, there is a little more to the story...they gave all members a couple years ago the cleaning and restoration suite free and that carried over as well.

Once again, no one lost anything last time nor this time...you can spin it any way you want but that wont make it true. They messed up with the last upgrade, they stood up admitted they messed up, made good on their mistake not only by changing the upgrade price but also by throwing in the C&R suite for free. A company that actually listened to the customers, how dare they? And on top of that they lowered the price for those who didn't want the suite. You see a lot of people have great fx, great dp and a sampler they like and didn't need all that extra.Starting with Pro X they could do so at half the price...again how dare they do something logical like that?

Now I hope that we can move on with what is important instead of you constant whining over what happened last upgrade...get over it already :lol: :lol: :lol:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Actually, most of the new features are the top rating items on a user poll conducted by Magix of what users would like prioritized feature-wise for X2, earlier this year. Fact.

imho. Independence needs a major GUI overhaul. The current GUI is so small, and so is the font that I never use it.

Hopefully Magix has not ignored it, and will release Independence 2 with a redesigned, improved, larger/scalable GUI.
Last edited by Muziksculp on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free Plug-in Routing
• Now you can change the order of the plug-ins (view page 259) any way you
choose. There are no more limitations on the ordering of internal effects and VST
plug-ins.
• Internal effects can now be used multiple times per track/object. (Exceptions:
EQ, Dynamics, Distortion, Delay.)
• The Surround effects sequence can also be changed. In this case, the plug-ins in
the individual channels are always calculated before the Surround effects.
Note: This new functionality is not compatible with the characteristics of older
program versions.

Effect Routing
• EQ116 now functions as a standard EQ. The conventional 4-band EQ is only used
for old projects.
• The delay/reverb effect can now also be used multiple times.
• Unlimited number of installed plug-ins.

Time Stretching / Pitch Shifting

New zPlane Algorithms: élastique Pro V3 and élastique Efficient V3 (view page 849).

Multiple outputs
• In the track output menu, you can now also select additional outputs by selecting
them with the "Ctrl" button held down.
• The selection can also be viewed and adjusted in the Routing Manager.
• Different tap points: by standard, downstream of the volume control (post) as
well as an options upstream of the volume control (pre) or directly after the gain
(direct out).
• You can also assign a track with the "No output" feature.

VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifiers)
Now you can also work with VCA groups (view page 243) in Samplitude. The
functions
• Assigning channels to a new VCA group
• Assigning channels to an available VCA group
• Change channel fade into VCA Master can be reached using the VCA buttons of the individual mixer channels.
You can control the channel levels that are assigned to a VCA group in the mixer
using a VCA fader. By displaying "Ghost faders", the resulting change can also be read
out in the individual channels depending on the VCA master.

VST3 support
With the introduction of the VST3 interface, you can now also integrate and use plugins
that support VST3.

DN-e1
The DN-e1 is a virtual analog synthesizer and provides experimental melodies, funky
arpeggios and dreamy flats.
Vita Solo Instruments
The following Vita Solo Instruments (view page 315) are included in Samplitude Pro
X2:
• Bass Machine
• Rock Drums
• Vintage Organ
The following Vita Solo Instruments are additionally included in Samplitude Pro X2
Suite:
• Analog Synths
• Electric Piano
• String Ensemble
• Urban Drums

Elastic Audio on multiple tracks
When editing multiple track recordings, e. g. with choirs, it is frequently necessary to
apply the changes made for a track in Elastic Audio to all selected tracks.
With the "Synchronize tracks" option in the Elastic Audio dialog, you can now transfer
them automatically.

Hardware Controllers
Revised setup:
• CPS files are saved in XML format (*.CPSXML)
• Old CPS files can be converted to the new CPSXML format using "Shift" + "Add
new"
• New "FactoryPreset" folder with control panel templates
• Control panel templates can be loaded with the "Add new" option but they
cannot be overwritten
• Saving controls that do not have an assigned function is allowed.
• Default „#New“ CPS file
• Integrated touch and push handling for track, marker and SlotSelectController.
• New integrated functions (mainly for Easy Learn): Track Gain,
HWC_TRACK_MONO, (Master-Mono), HWC_TRACK_PHASEINVERT,
MasterStereoEnhancer on/off, NSM_ID_TRLINK_MASTER,
NSM_ID_NORM_MASTER, NSM_ID_AUTO_MASTER, NSM_ID_PLAY (for Easy
Learn in the mixer)
• Auto Learn also functions with buttons (on the controller)
• Easy Learn: Protocol-based automatic learning of controls
• Generic MIDI protocol available
Update for SSL Nucleus.cps:
• PARAM key opens the mixer instead of the transport console
• Previous: Cursor to left object, Shift-Previous: RTZ
• Next: Cursor to next object, Shift-Next: END
• Plug-in control possible
Update for EUCON Template:
• Template for AVID Artist Control added. This contains many commands that can
be performed on a touchscreen.

64-bit
• VariVerb II available as a 64-bit Version
• Display of CPU Load of Plug-ins Running in the VST Bridge

Automation
• Logarithmic display of volume curves.
• Moving curve points: curve is kept temporarily, even if points fall below the track.
• New command: "Convert track to object automation" transfers the volume and
pan-automation to objects.

Object Editor
Right-click on snapshot:
• Loading options for loading object settings

Object Manager
• Dragging & dropping in the arranger moves objects
• Dragging & dropping in the arranger with Ctrl key pressed copies objects

Broadcast Wave Manager
Advanced loudness handling:
• Options for calculating and writing loudness data in BWAV files
• Function for calculating loudness data for individual BWAV files
• Loudness of selected files can now be calculated in the file manager
Improved functionality for the visually impaired and the
blind
• TAB key can now be used in the registration dialog

Changes in Setup_VisuallyImpaired.INZ

• Object editor opens in StarGray skin
• Position of peak meter slightly adjusted
• First line of the time display contains the current position

Improved Project Docking
The project window is now also part of the docking and offers the following
advantages:
• Mulitple project windows are displayed as tabs. You can easily select and switch
between projects.
• The project window can be dragged to another screen.
New Functions
• FFT filter as an offline effect with larger drawing area incl. analysis and inversion
tool.
• Right-click the AUX section in the mixer for a selection of views for AUX sends,
multiple outputs and side chain sends.
• Menu "Object" > "Edit" > "Extract Controller Curves from MIDI Object" is now
available as a menu command.
• Mixer: Fader now goes up to +12dB.
Well, it's one more than eleven.

• Batch processing: 24-bit FLAC support.
• New keyboard shortcut for "Activate Docking Window" ("Ctrl" + B). When a
subsequent keyboard command is used (e. g. the track manager), the focus can
be put on this window.
• New command: "Play/Rec" > "Move Playback Marker" > "To Peak Value of All
Selected Objects": The playback marker jumps to the position with the highest
peak value.
• AAC-HE export with advanced options.
• After it is created, a new VIP is immediately saved (e. g. to prevent the incorrect
paths).
• Improved time stretching algorithms.

• Improved adjustment of the toolbars incl. Toolbar editor

• Now you can set the standard time stretching/pitch shifting algorithm for new
objects under "System setting" > "Effects" > "Resampling/Bouncing".
• New "Automation" (view page 656) system option page.
• Adjustment for hardware controller, in particular, EUCON.
• All video formats supported by the 32-bit version are also loaded in the 64-bit
version.
• Improved crash analysis with comment entry and direct transmission of crash dumps (if an Internet connection is available).

New MIDI Functions
• Delete selected MIDI events (keyboard shortcut: Backspace, Del)
• Select notes at the playback marker position
• Separate notes at the playback marker position

New Project Templates (Keyboard Shortcut: E)
• Surround 5_1 ITU.VIP
• Surround 5_1 ITU + Stereo Downmix ITU (-3 dB).VIP

Only in Samplitude Pro X2 Suite
• Cleaning/Restoration Suite – real-time effects for the restoration:
DeClicker/DeCrackler, DeClipper, DeNoiser, Brilliance Enhancer and Spectral
Cleaning dialog.
• An additional 4 Vita instruments.
• Loudness meter compact R 128.
• sMax11 – True Peak: The maximum peak level (Maximum True Peak Level) can
be selected as a clipping
• threshold that is set in the Loudness normalization. In this way the sMax11 can be
• expanded to include the True Peak function as defined by the ITU-R BS.1770.

beauchamp

Yay, they now have project tabs and Elastique... 1st ever... oh, and most importantly, VST3! Yay! :party: :hyper:
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:Yay, they now have project tabs and Elastique... 1st ever... oh, and most importantly, VST3! Yay! :party: :hyper:
it's had elastic for years, they improved it and added Zplane (which came free with my last computer built by PC-audiolabs) as for VST3, I am quite content with the fx and dp in Samplitude, I have streamlined quite a bit over the last few years. Still the fact that zplane is integrated, the VCA, the Tabs as you mention and a few other small things make me want to follow this closely between now and 1/15/15.

It does seem they did address many of the requests but we have to wait for the wave of enthusiasm to roll back out again and see what's left. I already read one bug that didn't get repaired yet (not one that I have experienced) and as we know there will always be a lot of mixed emotions to come. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”