Live instrumental hip hop/funk from the Pluto Trio

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been a long, long time since I've had something to share in the cafe, but I have been playing with a live band for the first time in a long time and wanted to share. This track is a slow funk piece that the bass player and I wrote as a spoof of some Eminem stuff. Doesn't sound much like him though. All the keyboards are recorded from a Prophet 08, with the talking wah coming from a Sonuus Wahoo.

http://soundcloud.com/user7351384/marti ... de/s-xnIQF

I will be listening and commenting on the rest of your collective excellence very soon. Just am feeling excited about uploading this and wanted to share straight away.

By the way, I know this is an international crowd, but if anyone in Minneapolis happens to dig this and can think of a place to play this sort of thing live, we're all ears. Figuratively, of course.

Very cool jopy, glad to see you've got a band together!

I love the concept of a spacey hop/funk thing with maybe a dash of Jetsons/bachelor pad.

Keep us posted! 8)
Image Image

Thanks Mr. Slax, glad to be back!

jopy wrote:It's been a long, long time since I've had something to share in the cafe...
No kidding :wink:

The was very enjoyable, but the funk quotient seems to rise significantly when that Wahoo kicks in and the chords get jazzy just after the halfway point.

Good work :)

Thanks Seismic! Glad you liked it. That Wahoo kicking in point is amazingly fun to do in real time.

Return to “Music Cafe”