Axiom Pro 49 crashes Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Usually when recording, the engine just crashes. I am using Generic Midi Device as it is not officially supported.

I am completely unable to get Bitwig going again unless I turn Axiom completely off or wait 5 minutes or so. The engine on icon just loops endlessly. Works fine with Cubase using the same setup.

Hi I use the axiom pro 49 in generic mode with no problems
the version of bitwig I use is 113 RC 1

I am just busy mapping the faders and knobs
Oh what joy. I hope some clever sod writes a script
to map everything else
cheers
kevin
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Everytime I record something with MIDI. It crashes the audio engine.

Restart works when using Windows Drivers from Axiom Pro, but the synth remains dead (nothing happens unless I restart Bitwig and Axiom).

Using M-Audio's own driver causes me not to be able to reopen the project until it cools down for 5 minutes. :(

Report I sent to M-Audio support:

Bitwig crashes when recording with this keyboard. Your Axiom 1.1.1 Driver 5.10.0.6002 crashes the entire Bitwig audio engine, and I'm unable to reopen the music project in Bitwig without unplugging the keyboard. If I use the Windows Drivers, only the audio engine crashes, and I can reopen the project - but I still lose work upon recording.

Please look into this, or I have to switch to another manufacturer. I know it's your driver for the following reasons:
1. Bitwig never crashes without Axiom Pro 49 connected
2. Bitwig crashes differently when using the "Windows Default Driver" instead of "Axiom 1.1.1 Driver 5.10.0.6002".
3. I'm unable to reopen the project with "Axiom 1.1.1 Driver 5.10.0.600" (it just hangs forever, and I have to restart my pc or unplug Axiom Pro 49). With the WIndows Default driver however, it reopens the project as expected (still crashes in the first place though, and the Axiom Pro 49 still has to be powered off and on again in order to record in Bitwig. I reckon your driver is more or less the same only it automatically restarts the driver if it crashes).

Steps to reproduce:
1. Install your Axiom 1.1.1 Driver 5.10.0.6002 on a Windows 7 machine (x64 SP1)
2. Download Bitwig Studio
3. Put a debug on your drivers
4. Record a lot of midi audio

What is expected:
MIDI to be recorded in Bitwig music project

What actually happens:
Bitwig Audio engine crashes

Hi like I said before im ok with my axiom pro 49, no probs at all
apart from having to map the controllers myself. it works perfectly
im on win 7 ultimate 64 bit and I have the keyboard in GMPATCH setting

something strange going on at your end
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Is there any way to reset the keyboard? How do I set it in GMPATCH setting? :)

just press the LOAD button and then use the + - keys to scroll through the patches

it works for me no probs but you wont be able to use the transport controls, until some nice chap or chapes writes a script for it

but you can use midi learn from bit wig to map the knobs and faders

cheers
kev

I just checked and I have driver version 5.10.0.5134

Return to “Bitwig”