Deep House Drums, Synth Bassline Patches

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am looking to get a new synth for deep house use, just wondered if anyone knew of one that particularly stands out for bass patches ?

also I've heard some amazing add on's for maschine but I don't want the drum pad controller and love battery but want these sounds, any way I can get them to work ?
Are they not just wav files triggered ?
Any help would be great some of the drums are just what I'm looking for!!!
LJ

i found these but not sure how good they are for drums
www.futureloops.com

a good synth for bass is just what i need now, would a link to an example be more useful ?
LJ

????
LJ

I think the Maschine expansions are just wave files (unless they use Maschine drumsynth, but I think they are mostly samples) and banks in Maschine format (some expansions include also some fx chains)... at least this is what I gather by reading the descriptions on Native Instruments website... :| so I think you could drag'n'drop those samples in Battery and make your own kits. I think it's best if you ask directly to the developer of the expansion you're after, though.

As for bass patches, I heard some nice, classic house basses in Massive (which it seems to be sort of a classic for the "modern deep house" sound), but it depends on what you're looking for. A Moog bass could also fit, and so a synth like the SH-101 (have a look at TAL-Bassline for a good software emulation)... But these are just some suggestions, any decent virtual analog could do the job... also a fm synth could be nice (look for some "lately bass"/"solid bass" patch samples and load them in your sampler of choice... that's a classic, over abused bass sound).

It really depends on what you're looking for, what you consider as "deep house" and the artists you're inspired by... :|

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”