RandARP - Free Arpeggiator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RandARP

Just saw this in the sidebar.

Not bad at all, even if you dont use the randomisation feature.

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/codefn42-u ... ware-28469

In case the dev reads this:

There is a little problem in 1-Octave mode.

To reproduce, set controls as shown in image and send/hold only a single note.

Arpeggiator will not send a continuous 16th pattern, but drop to 8ths every so often.

This does not happen when at least 2 notes are held or an Octave setting of higher than 1 is used.

click for fullsize

Thanks for the suggestion.

Really nice arpeggiator, and super simple to use.

ENV1 wrote:In case the dev reads this:

There is a little problem in 1-Octave mode.

To reproduce, set controls as shown in image and send/hold only a single note.

Arpeggiator will not send a continuous 16th pattern, but drop to 8ths every so often.
Right. Try this update: http://www.codefn42.com/tmp/RandARP_111.zip

After 6 months, it's about time this plug got a thread :tu:

firepile wrote:Try this update: http://www.codefn42.com/tmp/RandARP_111.zip
Problem fixed. 8)

In case anyone is interested; heres a little example of what RandARP is really good at. With a little randomisation of Octave, Velocity and Gate (and the synths Cutoff responding to Velocity) it easily gives you those oldschool classic 'non-linear' arpeggios that bands like Depeche Mode used to use. Synths: PPG Wave -> minimoog -> PPG Wave. Very nice indeed. :)

@firepile: Any chance you could make the location for the Presets folder user selectable? Right now it is hardcoded to the Documents folder (in other words forced onto the C: partition) which is a location i always try to avoid putting application stuff on. Maybe if you could make the DLL look for an .ini in the same dir it is in, then we could put the DLL and the .ini in a folder and simply set a location for the Presets folder in that .ini. That way it would be maximum flexible and in case the C: partition gets messed up and needs to be redone it wouldnt matter as nothing would be lost.

Any plans to implement something like that?

ENV1 wrote:
Problem fixed. 8)

In case anyone is interested; heres a little example of what RandARP is really good at. With a little randomisation of Octave, Velocity and Gate (and the synths Cutoff responding to Velocity) it easily gives you those oldschool classic 'non-linear' arpeggios that bands like Depeche Mode used to use. Synths: PPG Wave -> minimoog -> PPG Wave. Very nice indeed. :)

@firepile: Any chance you could make the location for the Presets folder user selectable? Right now it is hardcoded to the Documents folder (in other words forced onto the C: partition) which is a location i always try to avoid putting application stuff on. Maybe if you could make the DLL look for an .ini in the same dir it is in, then we could put the DLL and the .ini in a folder and simply set a location for the Presets folder in that .ini. That way it would be maximum flexible and in case the C: partition gets messed up and needs to be redone it wouldnt matter as nothing would be lost.

Any plans to implement something like that?
Can't say that is planned. However, you can easily move the whole Documents folder to another drive:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7

And an update that fixes this issue (version 1.11) has now been officially released.

Make sure to check also the other Midi Plugins from CodeFN42 as well!
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

firepile wrote:Can't say that is planned.
OK, no problem.

Just thought id ask since i would have preferred to put the presets in a different location.

Thanks for the Arp and the quick fix.

Much appreciated. :)

Thanks for this plug :party:

Very nice :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Works really well in FL Studio :tu:

Would be great if a chord function could be added in future update

ENV1 wrote:
Problem fixed. 8)

Thank you very much, I am more than interested, I am starting to discover and to play with the power of arppeggiators and this is exactly the kind of lines I'd like to write, could you explain a little more and give me some tips about how to write such arpeggios?
Thanks,
T.

Well, theres nothing to 'write' really.

You simply set up the randomisations and then it depends on what you want to do.

If you want to play live you hit Latch and change the base note via your keyboard.

If you want to program a song you program the base note changes via static notes in the pianoroll.

Thats actually all there is to it.

Anyway, if you need something to get you started, i have attached the preset i used for the example.

Just put it in RandARPs Presets folder, (Documents\CodeFN42\RandARP\Presets), load it, and enable Latch.

Make sure that your synths Cutoff responds to Velocity, adjust filter envelope to taste, and there you go.

From here on you can start experimenting with the randomisation parameters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you very much I now get it, your randomize functions are excellent ;)

Yes, very nice little arpegiator with a great featureset !
I'm enjoying the randomization functions a lot.

How about a 64-bit AU version..?

Return to “Instruments”