Bitwig Audio Stretching

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I am experiencing issues with time stretching an audio file.

I have loaded a simple 4/4 kick loop into the arranger.
The tempo of this loop is 129 BPM.

I lowered the global tempo from 129 to 126, automatically making my loop stretch to 126.

The problem is, every time the loop is repeated, there is a click/pop sound when playing at 126.

I tried this with a few different buffer sizes and experienced the same issue.

I then threw this loop into Logic Pro X to see if I experienced the same click/pop when stretching the same audio loop. LPX did not create any clicks or pops.
Note: I used the same system settings for both DAW's.

Why is this happening? :neutral:

On a side note..

Even on loops that are played at original tempo, I have sometimes experienced clicks and pops in Bitwig when using a buffer size of 1024.

But the strange part is, I don't experience clicks/pops when using a buffer size of 1024 in Logic Pro. (with the same audio files)

I just took a bunch of random loops from the browser, brought them into the arranger and looped it and I'm not getting any noticeable clicks/pops when adjusting the tempo. Does it happen on every loop or is it just a specific one?

hibidy wrote:Does it happen on every loop or is it just a specific one?
It is not on every loop. Only specific loops are doing it.

Which would lead me to believe it is the loop, but I did not experience this in Logic Pro with the same loop.

The click/pop noise is subtle, I could not hear it on my laptop speakers, but I am able to hear it on HS 5" monitors.

If you're interested in trying the loop yourself, it is from this remix competition..
http://www.marchoule.net/restored-remix ... ouncement/

The kick, when made into a 4 bar loop (with a tempo change) is making the pop/click..

I don't see how to download it though.

not sure if.....

I drag/dropped all the files over to bitwig. Then played back in a loop at a much slower tempo, and no glitch that I can hear. This doesn't mean there is no problem, but I can't reproduce it as of yet.

hibidy wrote:I drag/dropped all the files over to bitwig. Then played back in a loop at a much slower tempo, and no glitch that I can hear. This doesn't mean there is no problem, but I can't reproduce it as of yet.
Thanks for trying.

Anyways, I have a Traktor to go win :lol: :love: :pray:

Return to “Bitwig”