Roland JD-Xi to be anounced at messe 2015 :)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is said that it is a hybrid digital and analog synth :)

just headed over to gearslutz about this,much much more to add really other than it is definitely a hybrid synth with mini keys(mini mini keys to my eyes),not over excited at this point but we will wait and see
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

mini keys can be way cool> viz > yammy DX100, one of my first synth-loves.

would really like to see Roland do some down and dirty pure analogue though. *
is this it?

mztk wrote:would really like to see Roland do some down and dirty pure analogue though. *
is this it?
Probably not. This looks to me like a competitor to the MicroKorg and the like. It was about time, frankly. It will prolly be priced accordingly (more towards entry level than medium to pro). Now if only Yamaha would do the same...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

I could of sworn they said they were doing full digital and at most using 'analog mimicking technology' what with something about the circuity.

Roland don't know WHAT they're doing lol :dog:

Katelyn wrote:I could of sworn they said they were doing full digital and at most using 'analog mimicking technology' what with something about the circuity.
I guess we will find out more around 22-January :)

Indeed... all the specs currently going round are just that... speculation.

Going by that image, its following the look of the recent line.

Interesting... I've thought Roland was on to something with it's latest Airia line, but it seemed to me they put the tech into boxes that didn't make much sense for me. I'd be curious to see what's up with this one.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

If only it had full size keys...

Nick @Sonicstate.com mentioned in their latest podcast that Roland has indeed shown then something new for NAMM 2015 but THIS WAS NOT IT.
So whilst this may well be on the cards there is definitely another product that he could not talk about at all.
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

FaX wrote:Nick @Sonicstate.com mentioned in their latest podcast that Roland has indeed shown then something new for NAMM 2015 but THIS WAS NOT IT.
So whilst this may well be on the cards there is definitely another product that he could not talk about at all.
Seems like a great NAMM this year for us that like HW too :)

Seems like Roland is competing hard against Korg again and have released many new things the last 2 years :)

Clavia,Korg,Casio have something this year too and Arturia and IK Multimedia (Soundcards) :)

So basically a competitor for microkorg. I might check it out if that big knob in the center is not for genre. I hate synth that put genre on that knob. Pointless, it'a a waste of a function.
musisikamar.com

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”