Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Update: Apple Acquires Camel Audio ...

according to/see the following KVR post: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=432830

Please tell me that I'm misreading something here- if not, then it's a sad, sad day for us Camel Audio fans :( :

To quote from their site, a Jan. 8th announcement from camel audio.com after I log in:
We would like to thank you for the support we've received over the years...camel Audio's plug-ins, Alchemy Mobile IAPs and sound libraries are no longer available for purchase.
I'm not interested in starting any rumors. Rather, I simply can't believe my own eyes when I read this from their site. Anyone else seeing this after logging into their camel audio account?

Wow.
Last edited by brotherjake on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's unbelievable :o

Was really looking forward to Alchemy 2. Sad day :(

well thats a big no bueno

Wonder what happened

Also now gotta figure out how to back up apple stuff since I hate to lose all the IAPs

Shame to see them go. Every time I pull up alchemy I always find something new, and usable. I start out thinking I want some type of sound, and either find the exact thing I want, or something so way off in left field but fits soo much better than what I had in mind. I assume they'll have some official announcement at some point. I had also posted a question in their official forum about this but it got removed
Last edited by ezelkow1 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Are you happy, pirates? Leeches? f**k you all - and you know who you are. I don't know who you are, or I'd visit some natural f**king justice on you.

Long live Alchemy. I will feature it prominently for as long as it continues to work. And when I learn to code, I shall make the appropriate emulators in which to run it.

:(

Hard to believe but true.
바보

This is getting me really worried. I don't own any Camel products aside from their free stuff, but was hoping to get Alchemy one day. Any link I click on their website redirects me to the login to the support page. A few minutes ago I could go to the product pages via the links from google or typing in the address, but now even those redirect!
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

where's Mr ZenPunkHippy?
come to think of it, I haven't seen him around much lately....
:-(
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

:o

Now I'm starting to understand all the silence and secrecy about Alchemy ''2'' over the last few years… It was simply not coming!

Man I can't believe this… Very sad.

If it's true, let's hope it portends some announcement of partership or assimilation,
so the talents, and goodwill of the team stay in the kvr vst world, 'or better', if there
is such a thing.
ZPH is always worth reading, among others.

Codestation wrote:Are you happy, pirates? Leeches? f**k you all - and you know who you are. I don't know who you are, or I'd visit some natural f**king justice on you.
Chill out. The only available Camel Audio software for pirates is super outdated copies of their plugins. Once they changed over to a watermark form of DRM, piracy was no longer an option for the plugins. Pretty sure they switched over a real long time ago too.

Anyways, this has me upset. I always wanted to pick up Alchemy but was somewhat waiting for Alchemy 2 since I already have way more f**king plugins than I honestly need. I wonder the reason.

Neon Breath wrote: Now I'm starting to understand all the silence and secrecy about Alchemy ''2'' over the last few years… It was simply not coming!
Doubt it. It probably definitely was coming and something happened along the way. We'll wait and see I'm sure.

KingTuck wrote:
Neon Breath wrote: Now I'm starting to understand all the silence and secrecy about Alchemy ''2'' over the last few years… It was simply not coming!
Doubt it. It probably definitely was coming and something happened along the way. We'll wait and see I'm sure.
Man I hope you're right. I love Alchemy, and love Camel Audio with their great, friendly and nice support.

That doesn't smell good. Message when login-in:

January 8, 2015

We would like to thank you for the support we've received over the years in our efforts to create instruments and effects plug-ins and sound libraries.

Camel Audio's plug-ins, Alchemy Mobile IAPs and sound libraries are no longer available for purchase. We will continue to provide downloads of your previous purchases and email support until July 7, 2015. We recommend you download all of your purchases and back them up so that you can continue to use them (Instructions: How to Download and Backup Your Products)

Yup, I just logged in and received the same message. This sucks. Alchemy is one of my all-time favorite synths and I was also looking forward to a successful launch of Alchemy 2. The Camel Audio guys have provided some of the best products and customer service around. I also hope that it's not simply the end of the road for these guys and that something bigger is in store for them.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Well, that sucks a lot. I was interested in Alchemy but had held off on buying until the file browser was improved to dynamically respond to file system changes.

I own three Camel Audio products and have enjoyed them, as well as their continued updates and support for all the years I've been a customer.

This is a big damn shame. WTF happened??
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Instruments”