More Classical Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm building a complete concert piece, one movement at a time. this is my homage to some of my favorite English composers. Part I is A Country Place, which I've posted here before. The new part is a little Jig, which is typical for English music from the early 20th century. So, it's fairly cliched and hackneyed, but I hope to have brought some fresh little twists into it.

I'm calling the piece Brits.

https://soundcloud.com/artlowell/brits

(Produced on Logic Pro with a combination of Garritan, SampleTank and ESX24 instruments)

Wonderful phrases, excellent arrangement of the orchestra instruments. Enjoyed it very much! Thank you! :clap:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Thank you, valerian. As always, there are things I think I can improve. It's a real ego-stroke to get nice comments.

I enjoyed it! You certainly have captured the feel of a variety of English composers. Very well done!

Thank you, David. The English have a particular style that resonates with me intensely. Holst, Bliss, Vaughn-Williams, Elgar. Next week, I'll be in a Russian or French mood. I hope I can stay in the English mode long enough to come up with a third movement for this piece.

Very good!

I´m going to follow you from now on :phones:

Oh, and it sounds rather Britten-ish to me, parts would surely fit into the midsummernight´s dream. But that´s a good thing, as I love Britten.

I haven't heard much Britten beyond A Children's Guide To The Orchestra. and that famous pizzicato thing (I think that's from A Simple Symphony).
Thanks for following me. Just beware that I expect that a final movement for this piece is likely to be pretty ambitious for me and will take quite some time.

Thank you for listening, epiphaneia.

I can definitely hear a Holst influence in the first piece. It's conjuring images of large swathes of rolling countryside. The second piece is much chirpier with those changes in rhythm, maybe an accompaniment for the everyday goings-on associated with village life in the English countryside.

Good work :)

Hi, Seismic. I love it that my music is making images in your mind. Not exactly mine, but just as good, fer sure. Thanks for listening.

Return to “Music Cafe”