PSP L’otary

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PSP L'otary

PSP has released a new rotary speaker emulation:

http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/multimo ... sp_lotary/

Wonder how it compares to Melda... off to test.

Diggin' the stop button on the rotary. Eases it out or in like a real power button for just the rotary.

How's the CPU hit for you?

I just tried it - around 50% CPU on an i7 - too much for me I'm afraid.

I thought Serum was bad - around 20% - but this is ridiculous.

About 37 percent on a quad-core i7 iMac on Studio One. So, yeah...

I mean I don't see myself doing multiple tracks of Leslie, though, so it's just a bounce down...

They've made the Diva of rotary speaker plugin.
musisikamar.com

Wow that sounds like a big CPU hit for a rotary effect. I wonder what is under the hood. Is the plugin some heavy systems of differential equations to model the multi-physics of the two horn systems, the electronics, and the acoustics of the cabinet and interaction with the moving speaker parts?

I do mathematical modeling and computational physics for a living, mostly optics but was heavy into heat and mass transfer at one point and magnetics at another. I just started thinking about what could potentially go into modeling a rotating speaker and realized that they are pretty complex systems.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Nice to see that they went all out to create a stunning GUI for it :wink:

Were you expecting the spinning reels like Waves KMT or VTM?

CPU hit is too heavy though.

I have yet to try it (I probably will, as I adore the classic Leslie sound) but I must say: that GUI is truly awful. :o
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

MickGael wrote: that GUI is truly awful. :o
+1 :shock:

…though it sounds pretty gorgeous !

Too late... just bought Xils rotary plugin a couple weeks ago.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Sounds stunning, don't care about the interface or the CPU, which isn't too bad for me, and it sounds stunning (did I mention that?). :tu:

In Reaper's performance meter, I am seeing 3.1 % CPU on the track where Lotary is inserted on i7 systems. That is with the lower CPU setting and it goes up to 4.1% with the Brilliant setting. This is at 256 samples/44.1kHz.

This thing sounds really good on organ VSTi's and DI recordings from a Hammond line out. SpringBox complements this well too.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

I tried XILS Rotary, but it doesn't sounds right to me.

Return to “Effects”