DeHarsh 1.0 VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DeHarsh 1.0 VST plugin released (C) Terry West Prod.
Removes unpleasant frequencies from your mixes and seperate instrument tracks.
Can operate on stereo, mid or side channels in your stereo mix with use of a subtile tube emulation.
Selectable mono or stereo inputs processing.
DeHarsh smoothes out any digital harshness.
Windows only, 32bit VST.

You can make a donation for all our plugins on http://www.terrywest.nl (plugin section).

Last edited by TerryW on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can't even play a doorbell properly :)

Kool. Thanks. Ive been testing mhorse. Mostly on guitars, and im liking the deharsh on it, so this might be something similar but simplified. Excited to give it a try, Pricciate your work.
There ya have it...

Yep, cool plugin. couldnt be easier to use and smooths the top nicely.
There ya have it...

Fantastic Terry!

With guitar simulations I always have the problem of too harsh lead-sounds.
I try to fix this by fiddling with a steep eq-curve or with various speaker-sim-IRs.
Your Plugin offers another option to get a smoother guitar lead sound.

Thank You!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Just what the doctor ordered, Terry. Thanks for all your efforts. :clap:
no sig

Just wondered if there was a way to process the mid and side signals independently with deharsh and if not what you had in mind here?
There ya have it...

Ultrasonic wrote:Just wondered if there was a way to process the mid and side signals independently with deharsh and if not what you had in mind here?
Currently not, but a nice idea Ultrasonic.
At this moment you can either DeHarsh only select between Mid and Side processing.
I try to release a new version this week with different controls for Mid and Side.
Stay tuned, and thanks for all the replies folks.
Regards, Terry.

Brilliant idea for plugin, gonna be used, always have similar kind of problems due to heavy mangling of audio :) Thanks!

Thanks for all your great plugs. Looking forward to checking this one out too.

Cheers :phones:
___
Join Us at The Forest Forum
Robin - NorthWood MediaWorks - lurking at KVR since 2007 - sequencing since 1984

Very cool! Greetings from Utah USA

Thanks Terry, this is a great plugin.
It's easy if you know how

Many thanks for this - has proved to be a life saver with a challenging master today :)
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:Many thanks for this - has proved to be a life saver with a challenging master today :)
Great, thanks, nice to hear.

It's not an EQ? How does it work? What it does?
Subscribe me. I need folowers.
SoundCloud / Youtube / some music

Not sure exactly what it does, but if you're OK with freeware 32-bit, checkout Noisebud's "Smile":

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... le&id=2254
It is a spin-off product from our plugin Fletchy-Muncher. We continue to experiment how we can gain from the knowledge of the human ears frequency response. Smile add the Fletcher-Munson curve to de-harsh your mix/master but leave crucial transients alone.
The 'Transient Recover' button is very interesting. When you highlight it in the plugin it says:
Toggle Transient Recovery - with this activated harsh transients will pass through but the EQ will cut another dB of harsh frequencies. The result is about the same but with more of the original dynamics preserved.
Also the Filter button:
It's a third order Butterworth cutting away below 40hZ and above 13kHz to compensate for the Fletcher-Munson high and low shelf-like filter effects.
It's pretty cool! Unique and useful for DIY mastering. Cheaper than bx_refinement :D

Return to “Effects”