Logic
7%
Pro Tools
13%

Total votes: 30

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which is the odd DAW to you?
I'm in a mild mannered debate about this with a friend.
I've stuck to the big contenders so that more people will have tried them all, since it also relates to the longest standing DAWs in that way too.

Please post what you feel is the odd duck in this thread if you have not tried them all.

Maybe start by removing the ones that are not cross-platform.
Otherwise, the whole thing becomes skewed.

Then after that, maybe explain what you think 'odd' means?

Reaper.

BBFG# wrote:Maybe start by removing the ones that are not cross-platform.
Otherwise, the whole thing becomes skewed.

Then after that, maybe explain what you think 'odd' means?
This is a poll of older DAWs, and the only one that has never been cross platform is Sonar. We were talking about these DAWs, the dinosaurs, Sonar and Logic are both solid contenders for odd DAWs and KVR is one of the few places where people are platform agnostic in terms of trying out DAWs and the like. This is by no means an unbiased poll of every DAW out there, otherwise the amount of people who tried even half of the selection would fall to nothing.

By odd I mean where you never fully got it's workflow, or the whole concept seemed alien to you. Of course we all know that whatever you start with is going to skew that, but there's no way around that, and 'odd' is not a scientific descriptive term to begin with. :)
Last edited by machinesworking on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

:hihi: Have you tried Reaper?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote::hihi: Have you tried Reaper?
:hihi: Yeah, but it's a baby compared to this lot!

machinesworking wrote:
trimph1 wrote::hihi: Have you tried Reaper?
:hihi: Yeah, but it's a baby compared to this lot!
:lol:
Barry

Cruelest thing ever on kvr :x

I said it first :x

:x

To me digital performer is most odd because it inspires the most odd forum posts.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

When I used DP (when I had a mac) it was a perfectly fine DAW. I just ended up moving away from mac.

hibidy wrote:Cruelest thing ever on kvr :x

Oh come on? there have been absolutely nasty DAW shoot outs here. This is just asking which DAW just didn't work in a way you could jibe with. For me it was Sonar, completely threw me after messing around with DP, Logic and Cubase. Don't know why, but I though it would be easy to figure out having those in my sites before.

Doesn't mean Sonar sux man! just that I found it odd. :)

hibidy wrote:Reaper.
+1. FLS is pretty weird, too. Not in a bad way, per se, but just different.

The poll choices all have pretty similar workflows IMO. I own/have owned all of them, except DP, but I've seen it in action, and I find it pretty intuitive to move from one to another.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

machinesworking wrote:

Oh come on? there have been absolutely nasty DAW shoot outs here. This is just asking which DAW just didn't work in a way you could jibe with. For me it was Sonar, completely threw me after messing around with DP, Logic and Cubase. Don't know why, but I though it would be easy to figure out having those in my sites before.

Doesn't mean Sonar sux man! just that I found it odd. :)
Typical of you, I didn't say anything about sonar :x

Use the host that works for you.......me? I'll keep on trying them all......endlessly........it's a black hole....a money pit.........but I budgeted for it.........may your debt keep you at 25%..... :hihi:

Have you tried Reaper? :D
Barry

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”