Transient Gating in Kontakt 5

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want first to thank everyone for their interest and assistance so far.
So, that will be a hard one, i think.
I want to manipulate a drum loop (or a sound with transients) in wave editor in Kontakt 5.
The thing i want to do is, creating sort of a 'transient gating fx'. It is like lowering the 'release' value on the envelope for each transient. Or like making silent the ending of a sound before the next transient comes in.
You can hear it from 3:40 to 4:00 here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVNkOGghyLg

Did you try using the Transient Master effect? It's not going to be a destructive edit of the sample, though.

...use beat machine mode and slice your loop to taste. The slice markers in Kontakt serve the same purpose as the transient markers in Live. Use the slice release to shorten the decay of the slices. Experiment with the amount of your slices. Having more slices than actual hits can create such a stuttering effect...

EvilDragon wrote:Did you try using the Transient Master effect? It's not going to be a destructive edit of the sample, though.
Hi, thank you for your answer.
I didn't know about the Transient Master effect before. It is an awesome tool for mixing!
However i needed the effect to be inside the Kontakt Player.
Problem now is solved, thanks again.

loachm wrote:...use beat machine mode and slice your loop to taste. The slice markers in Kontakt serve the same purpose as the transient markers in Live. Use the slice release to shorten the decay of the slices. Experiment with the amount of your slices. Having more slices than actual hits can create such a stuttering effect...
I did as you told and it worked, thanks.
I was trying to find the release using timemchine Pro, but it was in beatmachine afterall.
Thank you.

kaviar00 wrote:Hi, thank you for your answer.
I didn't know about the Transient Master effect before. It is an awesome tool for mixing!

It IS in Kontakt - there's an effect call Transient Master there. Check it out :)

EvilDragon wrote:
kaviar00 wrote:Hi, thank you for your answer.

It IS in Kontakt - there's an effect call Transient Master there. Check it out :)
Hi, i searched it a little further. I found Transient Master as an insert after all. Thanks!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”